Our Client is a leader in machine to machine communication. Their low-cost and reliable two-way data communications products and services track, monitor and control mobile and fixed assets in their core markets: commercial transportation; heavy equipment; industrial fixed assets; and marine/homeland security. They are publicly listed and are experiencing excellent growth. Local candidates with permanent authorization to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. Base salary $85-100K plus bonus and excellent benefits. They are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role and Responsibilities
This position resides in our client?s Legal Department, and will draft, negotiate, structure, interpret, execute, and/or administer contractual documents.
- Under guidelines approved by the General Counsel and as assigned, reviews, drafts and/or negotiates and amends:
- Sales agreements
- Vendor agreements
- Consulting agreement
- Purchase, and operation agreements
- Product and service sourcing agreements
- Non-disclosure agreements
- Supports and maintains the contract life-cycle processes from drafting through completion of the negotiation process, and/or contract execution and archiving, using automated tools to the extent available, to minimize cycle time while improving quality.
- Manages contract change control process and related correspondence requiring legal input.
- Prepares contracts for internal review and approval and ensures compliance with company policies as well as applicable laws or regulations.
- Under the supervision of the General Counsel and company attorneys, support business leaders in interpreting existing contract provisions and maintaining compliance withcontractual responsibilities.
- Assist with corporate governance, including entity management and, drafting form resolutions.
- Familiarity with anti-trust, AML, foreign corrupt practices, privacy laws and compliance matters would be considered an asset.
- 5-7 or more years of successful experience in contract management within the technology, software licensing or telecommunications industries.
- Process orientation and experiencewith process, workflow, and metrics design is required. Process improvement and quality management training and certification is desirable.
- Demonstrate strong drafting and negotiation skills.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, work efficiently under pressure and consistently meet tight deadlines.
- Able to communicate efficiently and work with business representatives at all levels of seniority.
- Able to work independently as well as under the supervision of the lawyers.
- Strong team player.
- In house experiencepreferred.