This position will support one of our most entrepreneurial and fast moving companies, a value added reseller (VAR) with a national client base. The person in this role has very high strategic impact across the enterprise or business group. Individual is responsible for managing critical contractual formation and management, obligations of high risk and visibility.
Successful candidate requires high degree of independent and creative judgment applied to highest-level goals and objectives of the corporation and an understanding of FAR/DFARS, GSA Federal Schedules, Federal IDIQ, GWAC contracts and supplemental acquisition regulations of government agencies.
The Contracts Manager must have the ability to set and manage expectations while balancing a workload which may have conflicting priorities. Experience working for a Small Business and/or an 8(a), ANC is a plus. Field of expertise for this opportunity is Information Technology with a focus on Technical Services and Products.
- Establishes highest-level contract strategy and drives implementation of strategic contract opportunities with the most significant impact to the corporation, while working closely with the internal team (the Project Manager, Account Manager or Business Developer, Operations, Project Controller, Finance Department, and Senior Management etc.)
- Reviews contracts and provide contractual domain expertise, risk assessment in implementation, execution and administration for competitive type contracts, Reseller Agreements, NDA's and Teaming Agreements.
- Prepares formal contract correspondence and ensures contractual compliance with terms and conditions, federal and state regulations and restrictions, as well as internal management objectives for existing and new business activities.
- Works with different contract types (FFP, T&M, and hybrids), modifies contracts and exercises options, terminates and closes out contracts.
- Provides guidance and leadership to cross-functional business team members to identify risk assessment and mitigation.
- Successfully work with various personality types and setting/managing expectations.
- Has regular interaction with finance department, project controls, senior management and customer Contracting Officers.
- Champions contract policy and procedures, assists in reviewing for efficiencies and improvement. Interprets contract policies, operating practices, and performance standards.
- Drafts and negotiates contract terms, for confidentiality agreements, teaming agreements, and contracts including price and payment terms, makes recommendations that will be favorable as a Prime contractor.
- Reviews and performs risk analysis of Requests for Proposals (RFPs) to include compliance metric's, develops spreadsheets and audit trails for responsive and compliant submissions, identifies risk and prepares mitigation strategies; provides input for pricing strategies.
- May mentor less-experienced contract professionals.
- May provide formal training in contract domain expertise.
- Understands the business case and has an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Minimum four (4) years relevant experience required or bachelor's degree in business or related field plus 2 years of experience.
- Proven products experience required
- Knowledge of value added reseller (VAR), OEM preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong working knowledge of the MSOffice Suite (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of SharePoint