Candidate must be able to readily adapt in a challenging, fast-paced environment. The Contract Professional supporting this key business area is responsible for management of the customer relationship, the provision of business counsel and leadership to the Program Management Teams, counsel to the General Manager and Business Development to expedite proposal, negotiation and/or definitization of contracts that are critical to the business. The Contract Professional will act a partner to the business. This position requires the ability to provide technical guidance, coach and lead team members.
- 8+ years of applicable business-related work experience.
- Knowledge of UCC, FAR, DFAR, and/or related regulations.
- Experience with applying legal aspects of International and commercial acquisition to the contract management function.
- Experience developing solutions to unusual and complex contracting issues.
- Experience establishing pre-negotiation objectives and negotiation skills to realize objectives.
- Proven negotiation skills to define strategies and lead negotiations.
- Experience reconciling RFP, Program requirements, proposal submittals and resultant contract.
- Effective communicator both orally and in writing; strong analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and organized; customer-focused; positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Experience working effectively within team environment with customers and peers.
- Experience with different contractual vehicles.
- Mentoring and coaching experience
- Ability to travel several times a year.
- Experience in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, or Project).
- Experience researching compliance issues, applicable International regulations and laws, and formulate recommendations to management.
- Thorough knowledge of financial business principles and understanding of applicability to contracts and business.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to recognize risk elements in business transactions.
- Member of National Contract Management Association
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelors Degree. Preferred majors: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Law, Finance
- Masters Degree. Preferred majors: Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Contract Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, Business Law, Finance
- Certifications in Contract Management Program Management.