Tyler Technologies is seeking a contracts attorney to join our corporate legal staff. The Contracts Attorney will primarily review and negotiate client [KR1] contracts for a variety of Tyler's product groups, assist in responding to Requests for Proposal, and perform associated administrative tasks. The ideal candidate will have a J.D. and 3 years of law firm and/or in-house experience in corporate or intellectual property law.
Approximately 2-4 times per year
- Prepare and negotiate client contracts for licensing and purchasing of products and services.
- Review client requests for proposal.
- Administer contracts, including management of delinquent and terminating customers
- Negotiate vendor contracts and other legal agreements
- Review and prepare other ad hoc legal agreements Qualifications
- 2-3+ years' experience as an attorney.
- History negotiating corporate documents.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and creative approach to problem solving desired.
- Ability to manage various independent tasks and customers, while contributing to team obligations and demands.
- Understanding of contractual liability and intellectual property issues and knowledge of software licensing and practices desired.
- Ability to interact well with remote internal stakeholders and clients.
- Travel (5-10%)
Requisition Number: 10-19-061