• Performs detailed reviews of draft contracts and terms and conditions against legal checklist of acceptable elements to identify and mitigate legal risks. Flags incomplete and non-compliant terms and notifies responsible parties of open action items; compares new agreements to existing agreements for consistency and accuracy;
• Negotiates commercial contract terms and conditions with external organizations. (Dealing with both ILMN terms and conditions and external organization’s terms and conditions under general instruction.)
• Responds to e-mail and telephone inquiries on legal document-related matters.
• Interacts with other departments and external customer contacts on bid proposals regarding legal issues on contracts, subcontracts and other document reviews.
• Reviews and processes other legal documents, including but not limited to equipment leases, rental agreements submitted to customers
• Reviewing and monitoring compliance of commercial contracts and regularly notifying appropriate individuals when compliance is not met.
• Obtaining additional documentation from marketing, finance, legal, customer solutions, and sales individuals if needed to support proposal.
• Coordinates with Sales Representatives to provide sales documentation and satisfy customer requirements.
• Maintaining and updating company customer database with contracts and promotion updates.
• Publishing and distributing relevant reports to Finance, Marketing and Sales.
• Monitoring pricing issues and notifying the sales representative when pricing is incorrect
• Maintaining and providing updates to current contracts, pricing approval processes, terms and conditions, and all related forms and distributing as needed.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
• The ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to learn new procedures and skill sets.
• Proven experience drafting, negotiating and finalizing a variety of commercial or legal documents.
• Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple contract negotiations simultaneously.
• An understanding of the contract process including contract evaluation, negotiation, approval, tracking and close-out.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Must be able to collaborate and work with other departments such as Finance, Sales.
• Must be able to work independently and exercise judgment.
• Must have good attention to detail, and proficient in MS Office.
All listed requirements are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.