A Contractor Sales Representative’s primary responsibility is to achieve sales goals by creating demand for our products and services through major contractor customers.
C1 – C4 denotes level of proficiency and sales related experience. Career growth through the levels of position is intended for employee’s professional progress.
Representative new to sales, contracting, and/or industry.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Attend training sessions and travel with experienced contractor sales reps.
- Learn company products, procedures, culture, and philosophy in dealing with current contractor and MVP network, prospect contractors.
- Introduce, demonstrate and promote all current and new products to existing contractors and MVP’s network of end users.
- Assist in training new and existing contractor crew personnel either on site or through organized company events.
- Maximize market penetration in assigned markets.
- Evaluating competitive situations, coordination of intelligence gathering and implementing appropriate tactics as required.
- Execute contractor level new product field trial launches.
- Submit quarterly report summarizing LATICRETE performance; follow up on inquiries and leads and current competitive activity.
- Investigate, document and report all complaints and claims for service in territory and coordinate same with Technical Service Division.
- Attend annual North America Sales Meeting, and annual trade shows as directed.
Nonessential Job Functions:
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor.
- Relocation, if required.
- Desire to learn and grow professionally.
- Ability to do presentations to large groups.
- 5 years Tile Installation experience or similar work experiencerequired.
- Valid driver’s license, current automobile insurance and a good driving record.
- Physical strength to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- High level of self-motivation.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Creative thinking.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Intermediate knowledge of and functional proficiency in ERP and CRM systems; Oracle EnterpriseOne and CRM OnDemand preferred.
- Strong, aggressive personality.
- Spanish language proficiency (written and verbal) highly preferred.
- Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees of LATICRETE and all customers.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- High School diplomarequired. Four year college degreepreferred.