- Develops and implements business strategies and operational plans for the contracting/competitive resources area, which is responsible for the majority of electric and gas distribution infrastructure construction in the Denver Metro Region. Oversees daily operations to ensure cost effective and efficient utilization of capital and human resources.
- Strategically plans and implements IT solutions in partnership with the Business Systems organization that focus on improving employee productivity and enhancements to customer service. Examples would include but not be limited to: mobile applications, web-based applications, and the integration of stand-alone IT systems. Emphasis will be placed on implementing workforceautomation solutions and the integration of stand-alone IT systems that support the end to end process utilized by builders and developers applying for and receiving gas and electric services from Xcel Energy. In addition, develops and implements reports utilizing the systems above that will accurately outline costs, contractor productivity, and efficiently support audit activities.
- In partnership with senior leadership, supports the development and implementation of annual and long-term business plans that effectively utilizes resources and positions the organization to meet future business needs. Develops and manages annual and long-term budgets for assigned business functions. Provides clear and effective communication of the organization’s vision, mission and key objectives to support achievement of jurisdictional and corporate goals.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with: 1)Other jurisdictional and corporate peers, to ensure timely, effective information sharing and business learning as well as common best practices implementation. 2)Contractor/vendors who provide gas and electric distribution construction and maintenance. Partner with Sourcing to negotiate large multi-year contracts. Direct the execution of the contracts.3)Regulatory bodies on a local, state and national level with special emphasis on interfacing with city officials. 4)Other team members of the Colorado construction, operations and maintenance leadership team that leads to the delivery of a high level of customer service in Colorado. 5)The Business Systems organization that produce the delivery of effective technology solutions that facilitate workforce productivity and customer service enhancements.
- Attracts, recruits and retains a highly motivated and engaged workforce. Establishes and communicates clear performance expectations so that employees know how their work contributes to the achievement of jurisdictional and corporate objectives. Fosters a culture of management and personal accountability and an environment that promotes and supports employee safety and individual development. Manages and motivates union and contract labor workforces.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field is highly preferred, however, equivalent experience may be considered as acceptable.
- Masters level degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in gas and/or electric utility design, construction and maintenance, which includes at least 5 years of middle-management experience. Experience in workforce automation technologies preferred.
- Must be familiar with applicable national and local codes and regulatory requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.