As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will be responsible to create layouts, drawings, and release engineering for various launch vehicle systems, and ground support systems. You will share in the team’s impact on all aspects of the development lifecycle of a new generation of launch systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Design and maintenance of various launch vehicle subsystem components by preparing design layouts, skeletons, and drawings, modifying existing drawings and developing overall packaging models.
- Assist in the management of the CAD models and BOMs, ensuring that models maintain the proper interfaces across the ground processing infrastructure, launch vehicle, payloads, and recovery infrastructure.
- Coordination of model assemblies with ground support equipment or test groups. Assist setting up modeling schemes for other groups. Responsible for creation and maintenance of final end item CAD models.
- Support existing configuration standards for product structure, bill of materials, naming and organization of program data. Review other drawings for similar compliance.
- Self-directed for prioritizing and scheduling work activity in support of team
- 10+ years of recent experience designing/drafting aerospace components, or subsystems, utilizing CREO software.
- Strong mechanical design and large-scale integration skills using Creo 2.0 or greater software
- Experience with Windchill PDM database
- GD&T detailing experience per ASME Y14.5-2009
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- Design for manufacturing and assembly
- Launch vehicle or spacecraft structural systems experience
- Previous experience with design of aero structures, tanks, valves, piping, or electrical routing
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed