Contract Specialist Lead
11 - 15 years experience • Financial Services
Contract Specialist Lead- New York, NY 10055-Direct hire (Full time permanent position)
· This is a “player/coach” role with responsibility for contract drafting on the most complex client account assignments as well as leading and coaching a small number of junior colleagues in the technical application of reinsurance principles to contract writing.
· The successful candidate for this role will be a subject matter expert in technical contract drafting with strong knowledge of broad-based reinsurance concepts and theory, with excellent client-facing skills.
· Responsible for the creation, distribution and maintenance of contract documentation for assigned accounts as well as utilization of comprehensive knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts to work with assigned clients' business.
· Provide guidance to clients, brokers and CSS colleagues based on technical expertise and the application of reinsurance contract provisions.
· Responsible for assessing and growing skills of assigned colleagues as well as managing development plans.
· Working with BSS Manager, deliver performance feedback and identify operational and client service improvement opportunities.
· Management of most complex client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts, as assigned.
· Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review for self and others to ensure accuracy and that contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
· Provide technical guidance to Colleagues, Brokers and Clients as appropriate, regarding reinsurance concepts and contractlanguage application, including presentations with Broking to clients on their reinsurance contracts, as requested.
· Recommend coverage and wording enhancements, as requested.
· Research and respond to inquiries from Brokers, Clients and Markets.
· Input contract status data in the electronic document tracking system.
· Utilize BSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
· Actively and continually upskill the technical expertise of junior colleagues assigned.
· Perform technical and overall quality reviews of all documentation for junior colleagues assigned, mindful of GC procedures and GC and/or Client preferred clauses, protocols and timelines.
· Support Senior Management by contributing to the formulation and execution of US BSS strategic objectives.
· Actively enforce compliance and internal governance within policies and procedures for assigned colleagues.
· Proactively address operational and service delivery issues, elevating to BSS Management as needed.
· Along with the colleague, maintain and monitor individual performance and development plans for assigned colleagues.
· Ensure operational and service excellence goals are met within assigned colleagues, using Management Information metrics.
· Develop and deliver training for the Department as requested.
· Provide input for the evolution of the operational model at all levels of the organization.
· Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets.
· Participate in team and department meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
· Perform other job related duties as assigned.
Four Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A.) and equivalent experiencepreferred.
· Minimum of 10 years of related industry experience in reinsurance, insurance and/or legal environment; preferably in insurance or reinsurance contracts.
Knowledge and skills:
· Strong knowledge of and ability to appropriately applycontract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles and familiarity with basic regulations of the region.
· Able to engage and lead discussions with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional and effective manner.
· Excellent and effective verbal and writing skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team.
· Positive attitude, willingness to offer and help execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
· Enabling the success of others and offering guidance appropriate to the development level of each Colleague.
· Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all stakeholders.
· Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
· Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
· Ability to work cooperatively with others
· Resourceful and proactive
· Ability to be discrete and maintain confidentiality on a wide range of issues.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to pay attention to detail and multi-task under tight timeframes.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
· Associate in Reinsurance (ARe), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) strongly desired