YDesign Group is an online-led retailer offering the best in modern and contemporary lighting, furnishings, and decorative plumbing to design driven consumers and trade professionals. Our extensive, yet carefully curated selection ranges from iconic mid-century designs to today’s most innovative products.
Founded in 2001, YDesign Group’s YLighting is the leading design-driven modern and contemporary lighting retailer in North America, offering more than 15,000 of the top domestic and international product designs. YDesign Group is also a leader in modern furniture, home accessories and decorative plumbing via its YLiving brand. In 2016, YDesign Group acquired Lumens, whose goal is to be the best place to shop for lighting, fans, modern furniture and accessories for people who love modern design.
Headquartered in Walnut Creek with offices in Sacramento, CA, YDesign Group brands serve design savvy consumers and trade professionals through its websites, sales team, retail showroom in Sacramento, CA and catalogs.
Sales Manager – Contract
This position is a great opportunity for an experienced sales management professional who enjoys working with a sales team to quote, close and manage the sales pipeline for large commercial lighting and furniture jobs. The ideal candidate is a strong, structured manager with the ability to drive revenue in the electrical distributor, Purchasing Agents and Hospitality contract markets.
• Manage a team of sales professionals to drive the creation of quotations based on RFQs from customers
• Maintain, track and manage the team’s proposal pipeline
• Insure the team responds to calls and emails from Electrical Suppliers who require quotes on large commercial jobs
• Handle escalations and exceptions such as discontinued items, re-quotes and revisions of proposals
• Retain close relationships with key accounts and maintain awareness of competitive influences to insure YDG is on supplier’s lists of quote contacts
• Expand on contact relationships to increase opportunities to quote jobs
• Maintain deep product knowledge of YDesign Group’s offerings
• Work as an integral part of a multi-level account management team
• Identify key opportunities and trends in RFQs
• Manage outside sales reps to drive key account relationships, new customer opportunities and call reporting
• 3-5 years’ experience in managing sales teams
• Strong understanding of CRM systems and MS Office suite for sales and account management
• Consistent, demonstrated success in meeting quota targets through managing sales teams
• Ability to manage in a multi-level sales environment with a variety of sales personality types
• Ability to work well within a sales management team and across functional departments
• Confident negotiator who can close large deals at the right price point – beating out competitors while retaining acceptable margins
• Ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates managers and internal & external contacts via phone, email and in person
• Proven prioritization and organization skills to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
• Skilled at strategically finding resolution for win/win outcomes
• Friendly, helpful, service-oriented attitude appropriate for a Business-to-Business environment Knowledge of contract lighting or furniture industry preferred.