Provides process direction within the domestic Client Engagement Center (CEC) for Contract & Pricing. Interacts with clients, customers and Owens & Minor leaders to support the proper execution of the assigned transactional process in order to ensure the team complies with agreed-upon Service Level Agreements. Partners with Global Process Owners and Process Leaders to help drive financial goals and overall process efficiencies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Helps the CEC Global Process Leader (GPL) define and optimize the Contract & Pricing process.
2. Collaborates directly with members of the Client Engagement Teams (CET) to ensure Contract & Pricing process optimization.
3. Acts as escalation point for process related issues within both the CET, resource pools, and GPL Support Desks; raises issues of process failure or needs for process improvement with Global Process Leader.
4. Supports and executes end-to-end process improvement initiatives as defined by the Global Process Council; works closely with the Global Process Leader to support continuous improvement projects.
5. Defines end-to-end process changes within area of responsibility aimed at achieving end-to-end process optimization, standardization, simplification, and adherence using LEAN/Six Sigma concepts to drive out waste.
6. Represents the assigned CEC process with customers on-site to drive process improvement.
7. Helps execute training programs on assigned process.
8. Identifies opportunities to improve transactional processes and plays a key role in the integration of ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and other technology with automation, standardization and scalability as key objectives.
9. Assists in future systems designs and implementation testing.
10. Using assigned process, builds and maintains strong working relationships with key customers and internal O&M leadership to ensure that customer demands are met.
11. Assists with special projects related to risk management/loss control with assigned process.
12. Communicates status of projects and significant issues to management.
13. Initiates and drives execution of continuous improvement initiatives for the CEC to achieve goals.
14. Analyzes and researches complex pricing and rebate issues based on sales order exceptions, questions from credit and pricing teammates and sales reps. Determines appropriate action required and works with the correct team to resolve.
15. Interfaces with vendor personnel as required to implement significant contracts, support the rebate reconciliation process and respond to inquiries and requests for information.
16. Prepares analyses of contract and rebate related issues that are to be directed toward problem-solving and process re-design. Prepares reports and records on departmental activities for management.
17. Provides and facilitates training as needed. Provides guidance and direction on system update activity and approach to resolving contract issues. Ensures standard processes and tools are being used.
18. Supports contract and pricing specialists in complex customer GPO conversions.
19. Reviews current procedures/practices for accomplishing activities and functions of department to develop alternate methods designed for improvement as needed. Works with other CEC areas to document and implement changes.
20. Participates in activities related to contract administration in acquisition situations. Evaluates the target entity systems and procedures with the Global Process Administrator. Makes recommendation to management for mergers of related activities and implements the accepted plans.
21. Assists in future system design and implementation
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Healthcare Administration or a related disciplinary area required
- Five or more years of experience in Medical-Surgical Healthcare Distribution Contract Administration, required
- Minimum two (2) years of supervisory experiencepreferred
- Previous Shared Services Leadership experiencepreferred
- LEAN certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong ownership and communication skills, preferably multi-lingual
- Demonstrated ability to team with other functional organizations to establish and execute process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence senior leadership and pushback when necessary.
- Proven ability to assess needs, identify issues, summarize and present information/ recommendations and implement change
- Effectively demonstrates the ability to set, track and report milestones
- Strong ability and experience planning and coordinating to completion multiple concurrent tasks in a multi-deadline environment