The Contract Manufacturing Quality Assurance Manager - North America isresponsible to implement, and improve manufacturing quality programs inPartnership with the Production Steering group and the Henkel NA Beauty Contract Manufacturing Plants. The Quality Assurance Manager uses quality engineering tools to design quality into Henkel products and processes. Individual must create, reviews and update manufacturing directives and quality assurance plans at Henkel manufacturing and Dialcontract manufacturing sites. May also work on assigned projects that involve quality problem solving, data generation, analysis, interpretation, andreporting. Individual must conduct or supervise qualityaudits of manufacturing plants to assure compliance to corporate quality policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements. This position involves interfaces with Procurement, Production Steering Research R&D, and Package Engineering. The individual must conduct efficient and timelyaudits of manufacturing plants and quality data and information, and proactively identifies qualityriskareas, assures successful quality launch of new products, and recommends and implements improved quality assurance systems.
What we offer
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Works closely with local NA resources to design and implement effective quality system procedures in alignment with business objectives. Must ensure compliance with all Henkel Corporate policies, procedures and regulatory requirements including GMP requirements for cosmetic and OTC drug manufacturing sites. Additional duties and responsibilities include:
• Leads and drives to closure all CM NCMR activity. Clearly and timely communicating and leading resolution of incidents and ensuring with all functional partners that the issue is effectively closed.
• Establishes and actively drives accountability for key metrics with a process approach for success at all CM sites.
• Actively manages to high quality expectations, audits and ensures quality system effectiveness and security within the Manufacturing environments of Contract Manufacturing Sites.
• Acts as a resource for to Supply Chain to provide quality system expertise.
• Drives change in the CM sites with other business partners to ensure complete Quality Management System effectiveness.
• Provides direct support to new project and/or cost savings as they enter the production.
• Creates, edits, updates and approves quality assurance program elements including; NCMR’s, EXO, NOE’s, C of A’s, quality assurance sampling and testing plans, assessments, quality agreements, quality standards, and CAPA requirements.
• Works with direction from Supplier and CM Quality Manager to schedule, prioritize, and conduct quality assurance activities including site visits on a priority basis. Analyzes results and recommends action(s)
• Writes memos and technical reports; effectively presents assessment data and results; consults with external resources.
• Periodically updates results associated with Beauty Contract Manufacturing Quality Metrics
• Informs and Escalates issues impacting supply
• Develops new quality assurance programs designed to solve specific problems.
o Trouble shoot and provide technical expertise to resolve supply chain quality system challenges.
• Interprets quality results and provides recommendations from audits, assessments, and customer or consumer field quality concerns and evaluates effectiveness of actions
• Additional project duties or tasks may be assigned at the discretion of the SHEQ Manager or Director.
Who we are looking for
• The Contract Manufacturing Quality Assurance personnel should also thoroughly understand product development and business processes, regulatory requirements, and test methods required to deliver a quality product, as well as conduct training at Henkel plants and co-packers to improve quality assurance systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or related field.
• 10-15 years related experience with supplier quality systems – both chemical and packaging.
• Strong background in FDA GMP 21 CFR 210 & 211 is a definite asset.
• ASQ certification is an asset.
• Knowledge of ISO 9001 is an asset.
• Required to travel extensively throughout North America and occasionally globally as dictated.