The role of the Contract Manager is to manage the day-to-day administration of managed services supplier agreement(s) on behalf of McDonald’s Technology. The Contract Manager consults with and advises McDonald’s Technology personnel on contractual and legal aspects associated with services delivered by managed services vendors. The Contract Manager will act as a subject matter expert and advocate for McDonald’s Technology and liaise with corporate procurement, legal and business stakeholders in representing McDonald’s objectives in any contract negotiations. The Contract Manager also monitors the fulfillment of contractual obligations and oversees contractual correspondence between the parties. The Contract Manager works closely with the VMO’s performance management and financial management functions to assure that the contract is being correctly implemented.
The near term responsibility of this role is to work closely with Technology leaders for the managed services agreement to develop the VMO’s process and methodology for tracking critical and one-time deliverables and obligations (D and Os) as outlined in the MSA and related agreements. The Contract Manager will work closely with IT Finance to develop a methodology in support of service credits and earn backs, and charge back or show back methodology, as applicable. The Contract Manager will also develop a review and acceptance process for deliverables to be submitted during transition and on-going delivery.
This position supports the implementation of the managed services operating model, and leads the quality assurance and business case analyses for non-financial objectives realization. This position is responsible for McDonald’s Service Level Management process, performance reporting to the applicable governance bodies, and other functions which contribute to continually improving vendor performance and achievement of Technology’s planned benefits from the managed services relationship.
This role is responsible for managing McDonald’s Technology’s own compliance with contract terms and conditions, routine attestations, reports and critical deliverables. This role will assist in managing vendor audits to assure compliance to all contractual provisions and will establish the structure and maintenance procedures for the VMO’s document repository.
Specific responsibilities of this role include:
• Serve as subject matter expert to McDonald’s stakeholders, corporate procurement and legal around contract-related activities.
• Provide clarity on and interpretations of contractual obligations to McDonald’s personnel, including contract education and awareness; maintain a consolidated list of all requests for interpretation along with the analysis for future reference
• Facilitate timely problem resolution of contractual issues to minimize impact of service disruptions to McDonald’s Technology and business partners
• Represent McDonald’s Technology in the planning and execution of negotiations with vendors over changes to contract terms and conditions, and associated deliverables and obligations
• Possess a comprehensive and thorough understanding of assigned agreements in order to counsel and advise McDonald’s personnel on contractual aspects associated with operational services delivered by the vendors
• Extract all vendor and McDonald’s deliverables and obligations from contracts, establish the tool and process to track supplier compliance with D and Os and manage the McDonald’s process and documentation for D and O review and acceptance
• Monitor McDonald’s and vendor’s compliance with contract terms and conditions, commitments, notifications, routine attestations, reports, and critical deliverables
• Ensure the appropriate action is taken when a D and O compliance failure occurs
• Coordinate with corporate procurement and legal for formal changes to assigned contracts including amending, changing and deleting items and provisions
• Manage the VMO document repository, access rights and access control process; ensure consistent record retention regarding agreements, meeting minutes, etc.
• Proactively monitor key delivery problems or changes and any financial disputes
• Work with McDonald’s Technology solution and service delivery managers and IT Finance to ensure that appropriate controls are in place for vendor’s processes and invoices
• Analyze and maintain performance-related dashboards as well as service performance analytical methods and practice.
• Track, verify and validate service performance levels and data provided by the vendor
• Prepare periodic (e.g., quarterly, annually) plans including financial and performance metrics for the delivery of services and products by in-scope vendors; prepare periodic reports that support evaluation of vendor performance including attainment of objectives and improvements contemplated in a service improvement plan
• Work with the Demand Manager to ensure that requests for vendor services are properly processed and authorized and that associated deliverables and obligations are properly delivered at acceptable levels of quality
• Oversee the vendor’s execution of contractual Customer Satisfaction Survey requirements, including McDonald’s review of proposed survey questions; ensure that results are accurately reported to the appropriate governance bodies for review and follow up action identification, tracking and resolution
• Work with McDonald’s solution and service delivery managers to identify and track non-contractual service performance metrics of value to Technology and business partners for in-scope services
• Conduct service level agreement (SLA) reviews at least annually to determine whether the specified service level metrics and measures are continuing to meet the needs of McDonald’s Technology and business partners
• Lead execution of benchmark activities to monitor vendor performance against industry standards, prices, practices, as input to operations and vendor renegotiations
• Validate in conjunction with the project managers and IT Finance vendor invoices against contract Statements of Work for project work
•Perform reviews at least annually to analyze and plan changes needed, if any, to the agreements to ensure that the contractual obligations of each party are aligned to McDonald’s service delivery and performance objectives
• Bachelor degree in Business, Information Technology or related field is REQUIRED.
• 5+ years’ experience with IT contract management and administration
• 5+ years’ experience in managing supplier relationships and large contracts
• Desired understanding of Business Law, Pre-law, or similar areas. Also desired is a paralegal certificate.
• Demonstrated strong outsourcing and managed services functional knowledge; project and financial management experience
• Strong legal and negotiation skills, and strong understanding of contracts and contract administration, are required
• Ability to work in an advisory capacity to communicate system and business issues, develop and evaluate alternative action plans and make recommendations
• Demonstrated ability to work with others and to lead and affect process and organizational change and improvements
• Superior written and oral communications skills; ease and comfort working with senior executives
• Ability to communicate complex legal terms, conditions and concepts to an audience that does not have this type of background, thus assuring requirements are clearly communicated, met and a common understanding of the relationship exists
• Ability to leverage vendor performance data in negotiations
• Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills; team-oriented, collaborative leadership skills and ability to lead colleagues informally
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Strong customer service orientation.