The Contract Manager is responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating Procurement Contracts, Commercial Contracts, Statements of Work (SOWs) and Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) for PNA companies, working directly with the PNA Procurement, Planning, Sales, Finance, R&D, and PNA Legal personnel.
Agreement Development and Review:
- Work with each business, including Procurement, Sales, and R&D groups to draft, review and negotiate supplier and/or customer standard terms and conditions and agreements, including Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Master Purchase Agreements (MPAs), subscription agreements, consulting agreements, SOWs and NDAs, acting as the primary point of contact for such agreements.
- Develop and execute an efficient collaborative process with PNA Legal to ensure timely turnaround on all agreements.
- Develop standard templates for businesses to use for Proposals, Contracts, Letters of Intent (LOIs), Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs), SOWs, NDAs, Consulting Agreements and other customer agreements.
- Update and refine forms on an ongoing basis, incorporating new elements as needed based on new solution offerings, PNA terms and conditions, new company policies, etc.
- Work with other PNA Legal team members on improvements to the PNA contracting processes, including migrating to a contract lifecycle management system.
Customer Contract Support:
Work with other PNA shared services such as Credit, Finance, Corporate Services, IT and Risk Management to support proposals and contracting processes, ensuring financial and business terms are incorporated correctly into contracts, obtaining necessary business approvals of the contract terms, and managing risk and exposure for PNA.
What You’ll Bring:
- Reports to Senior Counsel
Education & Experience:
- At least 5 years of legal experience in a Contract Manager or similar role required.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline required. JD degree preferred.
- Tech industry experience preferred
- Must have experience reading and analyzing RFPs, managing and coordinating project proposals, drafting and editing agreements, and producing high-quality work product under tight deadlines.
- Experience in software licensing, Software as a Service (SaaS), cloud services offerings, and combined hardware/software/services solutions projects is a plus.
- Experience with contract management platforms and processes is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with trademark searches and filing processes is a plus.
- Experience with M&A contract due diligence is a plus.
- Keen attention to detail. Ability to work under pressure and handle a high volume of contracts. Must have a positive attitude and be a team player. Possesses superior organization skills in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Communications: Must: (a) be comfortable communicating with internal/external corporate stakeholders; (b) have strong persuasion and negotiation skills; and (c) have outstanding written communications skills (grammar, spelling and business communication skills/etiquette).