At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
In this exciting role, Contract Manager will be the primary liaison between the business teams requiring a business transaction memorialized in a contract and the legal team. Their role is to steward the contract through a defined contract management process. This is a complex position, which requires the candidate to be able to handle a multitude of demands and oversee several projects at one time and work effectively with all areas of the company to satisfy internal business needs. The contracts may involve the sale or purchase of products and services such as supplies, equipment, materials and other items
This position will serve our Corporate Division, located in Sandy Springs GA
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for preparing, examining, managing, administering, analyzing, negotiating, and revising all types of contracts. .
- Responsible for assisting with a variety of tasks related to commercial real estate agreements including updating and maintaining real estate files, drafting and revising leases, amendments and other related documents, resolving legal inquiries, and assisting with real estate related negotiations, among other duties.
- Receive intake requests from business units for contract needs.
- Prepare and manage contracts within contract management system.
- Prepare requests for proposals as needed.
- Answer the business team’s questions regarding contracts, including interpretation of contract provisions.
- Review third party agreements and compare against form contracts and checklists for major issues, ensuring compliance with company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Prepare contract summaries, highlighting important contractual provisions and budgets.
- Coordinate approvals by subject matter experts and in accordance with company’s approval policies.
- Track authorizations and related correspondence.
- Prepare and disseminate reports to appropriate management and employees regarding contract status volume and facilitate contract meetings.
- Oversee contract modifications and amendments.
- Identify potential improvements to existing contract policies.
WHAT YOU NEED
- Bachelor degree
- 10 years of contracts experience at a law firm or corporate law department.
- Fundamental knowledge of contracts and contract law.
- Knowledge and experience in real estate is preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Superior presentation skills.
- Excellent technological knowledge and abilities.