$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Industry: Hospitals & Medical Centers•
5 - 7 years
Posted 60 days ago
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
The Commons, located in Minneapolis, is the headquarters of Allina Health, a not-for-profit health care organization serving patients and communities. Approximately 1,600 corporate and administrative service employees work at offices within Midtown Exchange, the site of the historic Sears retail complex at Chicago Avenue and E. Lake Street. This community landmark, adjacent to the campus of Abbott Northwestern Hospital, part of Allina Health, is the second largest building in Minnesota and includes offices, an internationally themed public market and residential units.
• Working with clinical and administrative leadership at all of Allina's sites, lead or participate in cross-functional multi-site decision teams from initial requirements definition through the contract award process. Review historical trend and expense data, identify cost reduction opportunities, investigate product options and market dynamics, define sourcing strategies, develop requests for proposals, evaluate and analyze bids, prepare negotiation plans, negotiate contracts, document the basis for contract awards, and monitor supplier performance throughout the contract lifecycle.
• Work with key vendors to implement effective vendor-managed inventories, assist site materials teams in understanding inventory requirements.
• Stay current with market trends and new technology for supplies, equipment and services. Work with vendors and end-users to develop general understanding of technology and utilization issues in relevant product areas.
• Participate in work groups to develop clinical and operational requirements for savings; demonstrating an effective understanding of related politics, financial and operational implications while addressing technology and utilization trends.
• Deliver financial savings by effectively addressing contract opportunities (rebid, extend, convert, or customize/enhance existing contracts). Lead the contracting process including RFP development and assessment, negotiation, extensions and compliance.
• Manage supplier performance and ensure resolution of issues related to accurate price management and service quality. Conduct quarterly business reviews with key vendors.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare, or related field required in lieu of experience.
• 4-7 years of experience in finance, sourcing, project management or other related field, however, combination of experience and advanced degree may be considered
• Excellent communication skills (written, oral and presentation) along with proven negotiation and problem solving skills
• Able to influence, lead and effectively interface with Clinical Staff (physicians, nursing, allied health professionals), Operational Leadership and Vendors in order to identify & deliver Supply Chain Management targets
• Proven negotiation and relationship-building skills
• Strong financial analysis ability
• Ability to understand the total cost of use (acquisition cost, accessories, related equipment, etc.)
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications and data mining tools
• High level of aptitude in spreadsheets, databases and electronic commerce
• CPM/CPSM (issued by ISM) or CRMP (issued by AHRMM) - Preferred
Minneapolis boasts being both cosmopolitan yet small enough that you can find a place to call home whether on a lake, golf course, or in an adjoining suburb. With the fast pace of activity there are professional sports, theater, or enough parks for a quiet walk. The area has numerous schools and colleges, both public or private, and enough teams for all weekend athletes to join.
Valid Through: 2019-9-13