A career in our Enterprise Content Management practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You'll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge.
Our team helps businesses develop content management technology that addresses architecture and governance frameworks and transforms data into insight and action. We help organisations better manage the complexity of their data and enterprise content, reducing costs, ensuring the integrity of information assets, and enhancing performance through better information and refined decision making capabilities.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements and Preferences
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
:Minimum Degree Required
Bachelor DegreeMinimum Years of Experience
5 year(s)Certification(s) Required
Content or Records Management or software vendor certifications, AIIM or ARMA certificationsPreferred Qualifications
:Preferred Fields of Study
Computer and Information Science, Library Science, Economics and Finance, Economics and Finance & Technology, Finance & Investment Analysis, Finance & Technology, FinancePreferred Knowledge/Skills
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in Contract Lifecycle Management, Enterprise Content Management, Records Management, or Business Process Management, including the following:
- Understanding of the sourcing/procurement process and Contracts Lifecycle Management (CLM);
- Implementing CLM systems, including drafting contract management strategies and/or implementation roadmaps, evaluating and selecting contract management solutions, conducting current state-to-future state gap analyses against strategy and technology;
- Leading and development of proposal content and technical solution questions in response to RFP's.
- Demonstrating knowledge and success in at least two full implementation projects dealing with technical solution design and development with one or more CLM Platforms, such as: Icertis, Coupa, Conga/Apttus, Agiloft, Docusign, Ariba, SirionLabs, Zycus, or Oracle;
- Working experience with CLM solution features, functionality and benefits to assist clients with vendor selection and implementation of CLM solutions;
- Working experience with (SDLC), having lead to completion at least two CLM full lifecycle implementation projects that involved Requirements, Design, Build, Test, Deploy, and Support;
- Understanding Project management methodology in, such as SCRUM/AGILE, Waterfall, or Critical Chain;
- Configurating and coding of CLM systems;
- Working experience with object-oriented programming (.NET/Java), including designing, coding, testing, and troubleshooting, relational databases (Oracle/SQL Server), including the ability to write and execute SQL queries, PL/SQL (procedures, triggers, functions, etc.);v and,
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.