Lead the contract development and approval process, as well as support contract negotiations partnering with Customer Facing account roles, including Distribution Channel, National and Regional accounts. This role will facilitate the development of trade channel and contract strategies that align with Brand Team / Therapeutic Area business strategies for launch and in-line products. The Contract Strategy Director will work closely with the Managed Care Finance Group to ensure all contract strategies and offerings have financial justification based on ROI and sound business judgment and assist in assessing the performance of existing contract strategies & offerings. This individual is also responsible for ensuring the timely and regular re-evaluation of current strategy and deliver segment strategies for their Therapeutic Areas during the Segment Strategy Summit process.
- Ensures implementation of contract strategies and contracting platforms.
- Coordinate with team of analysts/specialists in operational activities such as rebates, chargebacks, government reporting, contract writing and process approvals.
- Monitors environment and practices for shifts in trends or behaviors, interpret likely impact and suggest appropriate actions.
- Develops and/or manages Specialty Pharmacy Networks strategy and performance based on aligned brand and TA strategies
- Develops deep understanding of competitive market conditions that affect pricing for individual brands, therapeutic areas and overall industry.
- Evaluates changing marketplace and proactively makes recommendations on pricing strategies as related to managed care, reimbursement environment, federal and state regulations.
- Serves as a resource for Licensing and Business Development in assessing price for potential opportunities.
- Works with Customer Experience Director to prioritize programs for development drawing on his/her knowledge of the needs of the Specialty Distributor and Specialty Pharmacy segments.
Requirements (Education, Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of Oncology or related healthcare business
- Experience in pharmaceutical sales and/or healthcare industry
- Oncology Contract Strategy Experience
- Understanding of Market Access and Healthcare delivery as it relates to the Oncology Therapeutic Area
- Analytical skills including problem solving, forecasting, contract development and financial modelling
- Demonstrated negotiation & relationship building skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a strong focus on customer service
- Multi industry marketing practice
- Thorough understanding of AZ business model with specific knowledge of brand team operation, brand planning and sales model
- Experience with both HCP and Consumer Marketing