The Contracts Compliance and Training Manager Senior maximizes the effectiveness and efficiency of DI Contracts functions by providing strategic support for the design, implementation, and training of processes for the Contracts team, and by conducting audits and reviews to ensure compliance with contract procedures, operating practices, and functional performance standards.
Accountable for audit and evaluation of current policies, procedures, and documentation for compliance with government laws and regulations. Serves as DI’s focal point to coordinate and integrate with both internal and external stakeholders and audit agencies as required.
Ensures contractual data recorded in the contracts management system has been reviewed and validated and all associated contracts and modification support documentation are properly maintained in compliance with policies, standard operating procedures, and contract requirements. Ensures all DI contract policies and procedures are consistent with the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements.
- Manages the development of the training programs for Contracts COE
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or address similar situations in the future.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from the Business Unit groups, Contract leads, and other COE's regarding Contract compliance issues; provide information within area of responsibility.
- Provides guidance and information to Contract leads and others and includes communication of recommended actions to ensure compliance.
- Leads the training of Contracts and other COE personnel on standard Contract processes.
- Leads the effort to maintain perpetual compliance with required standards for Contracts COE and sets standards for continual review. Develops compliance and performance metrics and reports results on a regular basis, to keep senior management informed of operational effectiveness and compliance.
- Tracks performance gaps to determine potential training and process improvement opportunities for both procedures and system enhancements.
- Evaluates policies, practices, and standards to verify they meet business objectives and cross functional COE and DCAA requirements; provides COR Leadership with recommendations on changes or revisions necessary
- Key contributor to the design, development, and implementation of an effective continuous improvement program.
- Trains Contracts COE, Managers, Directors and other functional staff personnel including those from other COE’s in aspects of Contracts performance measurement and improvement by:
- Working with all DI stakeholders – across functional COE’s, senior management, managers, etc.
- Assuming role in Contracts COE leadership in supporting DI quality issues as required.
- Developing Contracts COE measurement reports for senior management use.
- Reviews complex contracts to ensure full compliance with contract terms. Evaluates contracts for conformance with policies, practices and standards to meet business objectives and to ensure compliance with customer specifications and government regulations.
- Prepares and disseminates information throughout the organization regarding contract status, compliance, and any training needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation (DFAR) and related federal regulations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to apply best practices in process improvement, performance standards, training, and contract compliance activities.
- Ability to interface effectively with external stakeholders and all levels of DI management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments, work with little supervision, and work well under pressure.
- Ability to analyze operations in various functions/environments, identifies procedural/control deficiencies, and provides recommendations for improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in accounting, cost controls, and DI’s disclosed accounting practices.
- Strong analytical skills to manage compliance initiatives.
- Demonstrates strong business acumen.
- Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft applications (e.g., Word, Excel)
Experience & Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an associated discipline
- Ten (10) + years’ experience in government contracts field to include contract management, project finance, auditing, compliance, or administration. Prefer managerial experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Works in a normal office environment with controlled temperature and lighting conditions