This team member will be a resource for multiple modules and processes within the Global Manufacturing Excellence Team. The Operational Readiness Leader is responsible for coordinating launch readiness and the execution of effective delivery of initiatives within the operational facilities in order to deliver consistent and predictable results. This includes managing the development and implementation of initiatives with a holistic view to ensure that the sites have the resources, skills and tools for effective execution. This team member is responsible for facilitating continuous improvement initiatives (capital and non-capital, plant and corporate lead) by streamlining communication and processes to achieve overall excellence.
This team member will serve as a team member in the New Initiative Management Team. Process ownership is required and this aspect requires the ability to interact with plant leadership, plant management and plant employees. The ability to provide coaching and feedback to the appropriate audience is necessary.Key Responsibilities
• Ensure all cross functional communication, planning, knowledge management content and training curriculum supports the intent of the initiative and will allow for successful hand off to site owners for implementation and sustainment.
• Facilitate the definition and design of operational processes for new initiatives, workflow changes, new systems and tool deployment.
• Responsible for continuously evaluating strategic processes/key initiatives including taking action to improve the overall delivery success.
• Track and drive accountability for agreed upon action items.
• Lead the initiate team to evaluate upcoming initiative and bridge gaps to deliver an overall superior execution plan.
• Actively and consistently simplify and enhance the initiative management process.
Key Skills, Abilities and Experience Required
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, supply chain or other related disciplines. Related on the job experience is acceptable (5+ years).
Hands on manufacturing experience (5 years +) preferred
Overall supply chain understanding/experience beneficial
Extremely organized. Strong multi-tasking and time-management skills
Facilitation skills to foster buy in to readiness plans, beneficial
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, across multiple levels in the organization with the commensurate ability to hold all levels accountable.
Leading by influence is a must
Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Continuous improvement mindset to foster new process enhancement ideas.
Active listener with ability to translate customer needs to action
Focus on relationship management and collaboration both internal to and external of site.
Self-motivation and the desire to work with little direction
Creative problem solver
Ability to plan and execute multiple projects/activities
Skills to effectively develop procedures and technical documents
25-40% travel expected to support organizational projects. May be as much as 75% travel in the future.
Bachelor’s Degree, College Diploma, or Equivalent (Required)