Government of the District of Columbia
Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO)
Continuous Improvement Officer
$121,661 – $156,681
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer (OCFO) whose mission is to enhance the fiscal and financial stability, accountability and integrity of the Government of the District of Columbia is in search of a Continuous Improvement Officer. This position will report to the Executive Office. The incumbent’s primary focus is to accelerate the adoption of change within the OCFO by supporting the full implementation of a culture of continuous improvement and accountability as outlined in the OCFO Strategic Plan. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for implementing continuous process improvement initiatives that are aligned with the overall business strategy, working closely with cross-functional business units, driving employee engagement, and developing frameworks and methodologies for managing change. In addition duties include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the facilitation of teams to develop employee driven solutions
- Drives process improvements by leading, teaching and mentoring project teams
- Developing necessary training programs in collaboration with Human Resources to facilitate culture change
- Evaluating and determining leadership alignment within the OCFO's management structure
- Assisting project teams in prioritizing initiatives, developing methodologies, determining work scope and identifying change agents
- Working in coordination with the Chief Risk Officer to perform risk assessments of process improvement initiatives to provide feedback regarding the advantages and/or disadvantages of potential change implementations
- Managing project activities, ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding timelines and expectations enabling successful implementation
- In consultation with subject matter experts, develop communication strategies that ensure effective execution of change strategy, updating as necessary
- Measuring and monitoring performance improvement efforts on a continuous basis to identify improvement opportunities and ensuring that benefits are realized
- Performing other related duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Applicant must have 8 years of relevant experience driving large-scale change leadership initiatives and expert knowledge of change management theories and best practices. In addition, the applicant must have expert knowledge of LeanSix Sigma or other methodologies which contribute to process improvement and developing and implementing change strategies.
For initial review, please submit your resume to the Office of the Chief Financial Officer, Office of Human Resources, located at 11014th Street, SW, Suite W220, Washington, DC 20024 or to . To complete an application or for additional details related to this vacancy, please visit and reference announcement number: 17-AD-OCFO-0001
The OCFO offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, retirement, and educational assistance.
The Office of the Chief Financial Officer is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.