Logistics done differently.
XPO Logistics, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is looking for a highly skilled professional who knows how to get the best out of their team. As the Manager of Continuous Improvement, you will be responsible for supporting, developing and leading the implementation of the XPO Operating System (XOS). Your knowledge of Lean methodologies will fuel productivity and drive culture and performance improvement within the supply chain network. Become a part of our growing, dynamic team and we'll help you build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Directly support development and deployment of the XPO Lean Management platform for selected supply chain sites; identify internal and external best practices that can be internalized and replicated across the XPO supply chain footprint
- Serve as a change agent for culture change and the use of leadership standard work at all levels of the organization
- Mentor site General Managers and staff in the use and value of process improvement methodologies under the Lean Management principles
- Partner with management teams to assess current processes and identify process improvement opportunities including project ideas and solutions; organize teams and drive improvement projects around under-performing processes
- Identify, engage, mentor and develop talented candidates to become Lean and Six Sigma practitioners, Lean leaders and/or Kaizen facilitators
- Meet or exceed annual cost savings run rate target for all responsible sites
- Track overall progress of XOS deployment program in terms of stated goals particularly around cost savings and training targets; report site deployment and project execution progress using standard reporting templates
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Operations, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- 5 years of experience preferably in a distribution center environment, supply chain management or related field
- Lean expert and/or Six Sigma Blackbelt certified
- Experience with project and resource management
- Experience with Lean tools such as value stream mapping, 5S, standard work, 5 Why Analysis, etc.
- Experience with analytical tools such as flowcharts, Pareto charts, cause and effect diagrams, run charts, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office