Trinity Rail Maintenance Services is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Continuous Improvement Manager in our Dallas, TX headquarters!
What you'll do:
In this role you will drive sustainable continuous improvements within TrinityRail Maintenance Services, delivering breakthrough results in safety, Quality, Delivery, and cost; while building cultural change throughout the organization. The CI Manager works closely with plant leadership and department employees to achieve results. This position requires strong technical lean manufacturing and hands-on leadership skills, along with a passion for operations excellence to be successful.
- Implements operational excellence and continuous improvement strategies.
- Leads and facilitates Kaizen events to drive sustainable improvements and works closely with plant personnel.
- Develop and execute improvement action plans
- Build an employee engaged work environment
- Develop tracking tools and measures to support initiatives
- Develops business case justification for projects and initiatives.
- Better leverage resources and share best practices across all facilities
- Provide and teach CI tools to team members
- Tracks and analyzes the CI process and maturity matrices.
- Builds a CI culture across the organization.
What you'll need:
- Possess extensive technical skills and hands on experience in continuous improvement manufacturing activities.
- Strong application knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques and related CI tools.
- Knowledgeable in Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen, Value stream mapping, labor analysis, 5S 8 wastes, changeover reduction.
- Possess the leadership skills required to drive the overall CI process
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university (Engineering, Math, Science, business or operations preferred) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Five (5) or more years in a manufacturing environment.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of CI experience, preferred.
Job ID: 1803368