Job Description: Objective of the Position: This position leads the continuous improvement initiatives designed to eliminate non-value added activities while improving operational excellence at the plant assigned. This position ensures existing processes maintain a high level of performance while continuously reviewing and refining those processes at the plant assigned. Will be responsible for the establishment of an operational excellence culture throughout all plant operations with emphasis on sustainable development. Essential Accountabilities
: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Manage CI projects as assigned
- Perform gap analysis to identify deficiencies in business processes and programs, and recommend adjustments to programs and/or processes.
- Link process deficiencies directly to bottom line impact.
- Lead cross-functional project teams formed to implement change and drive continuous improvement.
- Ensures adherence to standard processes for data collection, documentation and reporting.
- Plans budget and manages costs related to operational excellence initiatives.
- Directly supervisors, trains and mentors other CI resources.
- Build project plans to CI projects, including resources, timeline, critical paths, etc.
- Manage diverse CI strategies for transactional and/or manufacturing operations.
- Participate in operational continuous improvement reviews.
Secondary Accountabilities: The position incumbent ensures, that
- Conduct all business related activities for, and on the behalf of, Client within the limits of applicable local, state, and federal legal requirements.
- Provide support to, and compliance with, all local and corporate Client Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies, procedures and other HSE related requirements.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and follows all ENA polices related to TS16949 and ISO 14001; looks for way to improve and promote quality.
- Other duties as assigned.
Professional Background / Basic Qualification / Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Engineering or closely related field.
- Minimum six years’ experience in either Materials, Operations, Quality or Operational Excellence in automotive manufacturing.
- Must have thorough understanding of cycle time reduction, waste reduction, yield improvement, productivity and throughput improvement.
- Hands-on experience using Lean, TPM, Six Sigma and TQM
- Experience in a Continuous Improvement function preferred
- Ability to travel domestically by car or plane.
- Minimum three years’ experience supervising employees.
- Prior experience in welding and metal fabrication.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in SAP.