While reporting to the Operations Business Manager, you will be responsible for continuous improvements in all areas of the General Mills' Special Pack Business. The primary focus will be on continuous improvement initiatives to drive cost improvements, speed to market, and growth. You will work closely with all partners and vendors (both fulfillment and corrugated) to develop strategies and programs to drive process improvements. You will manage internal process improvement initiatives focused on hands-on implementation of productivity projects. You will assist in strategic decisions surrounding manufacturing, facility, and capital initiatives.
- Work with General Mills' staff and partners to identify process improvement opportunities. Complete identified productivity projects to drive improvements. Utilize project management tools to ensure all tasks are completed appropriately on schedule.
- Coordinate activities with Divisional Partners, Suppliers, and Customer staff as appropriate to achieve targeted goals on productivity, service, and order fulfillment.
- Collaboration with vendor partners to drive safety and quality goals including taking ownership of the measures and metrics to support improvement plans.
- Work with vendors to reduce scrap, analyze capacity, improve throughput, and enhance overall process efficiencies and profitability.
- Facilitate use of lean manufacturing tools to optimize process performance.
- Participate in validation of network improvements including new automation or process changes. Create and maintain standard operating procedures for new and existing processes.
- Initiate, coordinate, or support any equipment or material trials required for analysis.
- Facilitate and teach process improvement teams.
This position is dedicated to General Mills and based in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- We'd like you to have a bachelor's degree
- 5 years of Manufacturing experience is required, packaging experience is preferred
- Certifications in Continuous Improvement or Project Management are preferred.