$80K — $100K *
The Continuous Improvement Manager will have a front seat to understanding Shipt Operations and opportunities to be an influential voice in the department. This role will focus on driving and maintaining appropriate standardization of process-based work, leading to decreased variation and increased performance of quality and cost metrics across Shipt.
• Create and maintain clear, user-friendly process documentation: process maps, training documentation, graphical representations of KPIs, templated tools/tracking documents as needed
• Leverage analytics, data and appropriate lean tools to guide decision making and prioritization of work scopes
• Develop training and documentation systems for internal operations processes that support efficient onboarding of new team members and maintain process control amongst existing team members.
• Assist in leading kaizen events, root cause analysis, and deep dive investigations to minimize waste streams that impact quality and performance KPIs.
• Represent operations’ goals in cross functional settings and built partnerships across the org in order to drive better alignment of scope and ownership across teams while valuing both shopper and customer experiences.
• Get “into the weeds” and work alongside operations teams in order to understand processes that support the business first-hand
• Manage peers and leaders indirectly in order to ensure established processes stay in control
• Strong potential to manage direct reports in the future
• Learn new processes quickly while building strong working relationships with internal and external teams through both on-site trips to different cities/retailers, as well as virtually through zoom and other collaborative tools (up to 50% travel in the future - role is based in Bay Area of CA or Birmingham, AL)
• Build empathy and trust across teams through clear expectation setting and ensuring follow through of action items.
• Create and lead presentations and training sessions for a variety of audiences, from entry-level individuals to c-suite stakeholders.
• Promote and foster an iterative mindset when working with teams to identify waste and gaps in current-state processes, with the ability to self-scope work that creates solutions minimizing risk of defects while improving quality and financial KPIs
• Grow the continuous improvement culture at Shipt through thoughtful implementation of Lean/Six Sigma’s basic principles.
• Possess a strong desire to continue development and growth in your own skillset, as well as those you work with.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in relevant operations roles
• 3-5 years experience in an operations environment, including leadership and/or management role(s)
• Operational knowledge of Lean principles and tools, with some experience leading others through their use and implementation (Yellow Belt training ideal but not required)
• Proficient use of Excel or comparable software building project trackers and metric/data visualizations
• Strong ability to teach and train others – able to adapt and work with different learning styles
• Strong technical writing abilities
• Lean Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt)
• Familiarity with Minitab
• SQL and/or advanced Excel use
• Experience working directly with external partners and vendors
• Experience working in a 24/7 operation or in an off-shift
• Previous experience working with an Independent-Contractor based labor force
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Valid through: 1/27/2022
$100K — $150K *
53 days ago
$200K — $250K *