Continuous Improvement Manager ( Service Commercialization, Service growth, and Sales )
8 - 10 years experience • Medical Equipment
Job Description Summary
Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager (Service Commercialization, Service growth, and Sales)
The Commercial Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for developing robust Commercial processes and effective mitigation of problems/issues with specific focus on Service Commercialization, Service growth, and Sales.
This position is also responsible for CI strategic planning and execution and aligning with CI activities across the Commercial organization, engaging BD's Business Units/functions, BD's Customers, and Suppliers where appropriate. This position must be able to successfully navigate within a matrixed organization to achieve CI goals.
The position draws on the entire spectrum of CI principles and methodologies to provide CI consulting input in the establishment significant strategic value to the Commercial Organization.
Working with Leadership and cross-functional teams, the position has responsibility for the management and execution of the Commercial organization’s CI ProjectPortfolio; developing and maintaining the CI resources necessary for execution of the CI strategy; the CI trainingcurriculum; providing input to managers for theirassociates' CI development planning; CI certifications; and CI strategic alignment.
Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager (Service Commercialization, Service growth & Sales)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with commercial and transactional leaders to meet business objectives and improve functional efficiency, productivity and growth.
- Provide coaching and guidance in the implementation of Continuous Improvement processes and tools.
- Monitor and assess current quality performance to identify and assess opportunities for performance and process improvements.
- Proactively lead root cause/countermeasure resolution of Commercial performance issues.
- Lead cross-functional, cross-regional teams effectively and drive results.
- Drive ever-improving results by leveraging Continuous Improvement tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Enable a culture of Continuous Improvement throughout the Commercial organization, Business Units, and Functions through productive kaizen events.
- Directly provide formal and informal Continuous Improvement training and coaching. Evolve and apply tools as appropriate to drive results.
- Facilitate training and Kaizens as appropriate.
- Benchmark and incorporate best practices for Commercial organization.
- Innovative-Must be able to champion new ideas to drive growth in the core business and in new opportunity areas. Through constructive challenge can stimulate other to propose breakthrough approaches.
- Fast and nimble – Must have a sense of urgency by being alert to changes and displaying a bias for action on top priorities.
- Execution – Ability to lead operational initiatives while ensuring strong teamwork and process effectiveness.
- Customer Focus- Demonstrates customer centricity by combining first-hand customer experience with deep fact based insights, and stays ahead of customer and market trends.
- Global and Company Mindset – Thinks globally but acts locally, and understands and works to improve effectiveness of the BD matrix.
Education and Experience:
- BS Degree. Masters degreepreferred.
- Certified in Lean or LeanSix Sigma Master Black Belt is required ( or equivalent experience in lean manufacturing principles)
- 10 years related, progressive Commercial business experiencerequired.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately assess key business metrics.
Job ID R-23208