The Continuous Improvement/Production Systems Manager will report to the Director of Production who is responsible for all manufacturing and facilities operations. In this role you will be a member of the Operations team and will plan, direct, and coordinate processes as they relate to Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing at all manufacturing locations. The scope of improvement projects assigned will include all functional areas within the company, including Manufacturing, Facilities, Supply Chain, Engineering and Administrative. The Production Systems Manager will spend 80% or more of their time on the manufacturing floor, engaged with employees driving overall continuous improvement philosophy and methodology that results in a continuous improvement culture.
· Participate in developing Lean Manufacturing goals and strategies for improving the operations and processes within the organization. Ensure that improvement projects are aligned with business unit goals.
· Collect and interpret data, identify trends, conduct root cause analysis, and assist with benchmarking studies to determine and prioritize improvement projects, and create business cases for these initiatives.
· Employ Lean methodologies and tools to accomplish business objectives. Plan and facilitate Kaizen events.
· Develop and lead organizational Lean education and certification.
· Facilitates the spread of lean culture throughout the organization and drive measurable business process improvement.
· Work with teams to identify problems, analyzes information, develop and implements process solutions.
· Identifies barriers to success and solicit help from leadership as and when needed.
· This role requires 30-40% travel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· Outstanding verbal, written, multi-tasking and presentation skills. Ability to create momentum and foster organizational change. Must have a working knowledge of MS Word and MS PowerPoint software, and be proficient with MS Excel software.
· Requires training and Lean certification. Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma tools and concepts. Black or Master Black Belt or equivalent training and/or certification required.
· Must have 5-7 years' experience implementing Lean tools & concepts in a manufacturing environment. Cross-functional project management experience preferred.
· This position will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, and all state and federal regulations (such as 6S, Lean Manufacturing, OSHA, etc.). Bring problems to the attention of the Manager, Safety Manager or HR Director.
· Ensures all workplace safety standards and practices are upheld and adhere to PPE requirements.
Competitive Compensation Package. Excellent growing company. For immediate consideration, please send your resume along with your compensation requirements.