$90K — $100K + plus b *
Continuous Improvement Manager
Responsible for Lean, 6S, and cost improvement pipelines throughout our facilities footprint. Will work with local management to define the project opportunity, goals, scope of effort, and deliverables, as well as develops and manages key project timelines to ensure timely completion and measurable results to improve business performance, quality, and compliance. Will focus on using the Lean, 6S, Six Sigma and related toolboxes to improve processes within company. Completion of the objectives will be measured both in EBIT increase, as well as ingraining the named methodologies into the facilities’ culture. Will lead CI projects, develop and communicate project updates and troubleshoot and course correct projects that are at risk to ensure commitments and project deliverables are maintained.
• Develop comprehensive business cases to support project prioritization and goals.
• Observe and analyze operational processes, identifying improvements to eliminate waste and inefficient process steps and product flow.
• Identify key and standard performance metrics and perform quantitative analysis to establish objective baseline performance and forecast improvement margins.
• Coordinate and lead teams involved in all aspects of the CI process.
• Primary owner for the implementation of process improvements.
• Responsible for the creation of value stream maps, risk analyses, measurement plans, short and long term project solutions and capital project proposals.
• Effectively communicate process opportunities, plans for solution, status of improvement implementations, and validation of results across all levels of the organization.
• Develop and integrate metrics and KPIs that aid in monitoring the success of each project against goals.
• Maintain proper and frequent communication among project sponsors, owners and team members.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Application of manufacturing tools, such as Six Sigma, 6S, Theory of Constraints, Lean Manufacturing, etc.
• Expert in the use of MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other pertinent software.
• Aptitude to positively change directions and modify scope of project as needed by balancing business requirements.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical analysis, and fundamentals.
• Ability to evaluate processes, define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and create streamlined improvement plans.
• Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions, specifications and standards to deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering or related discipline.
• 8 plus years of manufacturing
• Critical analysis
• 8 to 12 years proven leadership roles and project results.
• Proven experience in the areas of business process analysis, business process improvement, and re-engineering concepts and best practices.
• Proven experience leading cross-functional projects to achieve corporate objectives such as increasing productivity and/or quality levels.
• Proven experience building consensus and managing cross-functional teams.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, facilitation and presentation skills.
• Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
• Proficient use of project management methodologies.
• Results oriented & deadline driven
Valid through: 6/8/2021