Continuous Improvement Manager
Less than 5 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Our client, located in Orangeburg, NY, provides services to the semiconductor industry, flat panel display, LED and solar markets, where we deliver the materials needed to keep the world connected.
Currently, we have an opportunity available for a Continuous Improvement Manager to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with an analytical background looking to expand the depth of their operational excellence scope. We are looking for someone with the energy and drive to coach and interact with managers and site personnel to effect change and directly impact results.
Support the Value Stream staff in implementing lean transformation and daily management under the direction of the Plant Manager. Lead a plant wide effort to analyze product flow and increase plant throughput by eliminating queues. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements which may include, but are not limited to safety, quality, delivery, cost, growth, and sustainability.
- To support activities needed to incorporate Lean and daily management into the Value Stream culture;
- Work with necessary site personnel to identify, address, and eliminate process related obstacles
- Implementing / coaching the use of MDI boards and other visual management tools. Participate in the daily updating and maintaining of these tools.
- Assisting operations in problem solving issues affecting goal attainment
- Lead root cause analysis, evaluating production metrics and trends, improving material flow, and ensure mistake proofing.
- Creating and implementing standard work, and teaching/coaching Dept Mgrs, and Leads to do the same
- Coach implementation of OpEx methods; TPM/OEE, 5S, Production flow, Set-up reduction, A3 improvement plans,
- Utilize value stream mapping techniques to design optimal information, material, and production flow methods
- Facilitate projects and work across functional areas to drive projects to completion.
- Communicate about the lean transformation to employees
- Assisting in identifying on-going training needs
- To act as a change agent to bring about improvements in the manufacturing process through the active support, participation and leadership of rapid improvement events;
- Facilitating Kaizen events and "just do-it?s"
- Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented
- Track all changes/improvements made to provide Value Stream Leadership/Management the assurance that changes are effective and lasting;
- Maintain the ?Action & Accountability Board?
- Maintain, compile, analyze, and report site metrics
- Oversee OB Power Steering Reporting
- Exchange experiences with other sites
- Supervise Logistics team
Support Department Lead in all Warehouse/Logistics activities including:
- Shipping, Receiving, Picking and Stocking, cycle counting and Traffic Management
- Measure and report the effectiveness of warehousing activities and employee performance
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide meaningful feedback for employee development
- Maintain department KPI?s that provide a clear indication of current performance and trends
Education & Experience
- Bachelordegree (preferably in an engineering discipline); or equivalent mix of education and experience
- Operational experience? Min 2yrs: operations leadership, process engineering, distributionexperience
Skills & Competencies
- Proven change agent experience with the ability to engage all levels within the organization to be accountable for lean initiatives and processes
- Prior supervisory experiencerequired
- Performance mindset with a passion to improve people, process, and tools/methodologies
- Demonstrate excellent training and presentation skills with solid communication capabilities
- Knowledge of Lean tools (MDI, SMED, VSM, 5S, Kaizen, KPIs, Flow, Visual Factory, etc.), systems, and principles preferred
- Process improvement experience with demonstrated success
- Solid project management skills; ability to develop and meet project schedules, along with contingency plans
- Understanding of financial measurements, ability to calculate and communicate ROI?s