Craft Your Career with Brasscraft Manufacturing Company!
Masco Corporation (NYSE: MAS), with sales revenue over $7 Billion, is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of branded home improvement and building products. Our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Behr® paint; BrassCraft®, Delta® and Hansgrohe® faucets, bath and shower fixtures; KraftMaid® and Merillat® cabinets; Milgard® windows and doors; and HotSpring® spas. We leverage our powerful brands across product categories, sales channels and geographies to create value for our customers and shareholders. For more information about Masco Corporation, visit www.masco.com.
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading the facility’s continuous improvement effort through the engagement of all associates. They are responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility. This individual must champion the utilization of core Lean principles and methodologies while coaching and mentoring plant leadership for sustainability. The CI Manager’s influence should positively influence performance in safety, quality, delivery, cost and overall plant morale.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and own the annual CI plan for the facility
- Develop and lead implementation of employee engagement teams to supportlean initiatives
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of kaizen activity
- Developing and implementing improvements to eliminate operational wastes in the process while managing and evaluating multiple projects.
- Effectively utilize the 8-Step Problem Solving process to lead through problem solving exercises as it pertains to the elimination of waste.
- Drive and implement improvements in OEE with major focus on Changeover Reduction
- Develop Lean Manufacturing training materials, coordinating and providing Lean Manufacturing direction with the support functions such as Maintenance, Materials, Quality, HR and Engineering.
- Train associates on Improvement Tools and Methodologies
- Implementation and maintenance of visual workplace standards
- Implementation of tools to improve manufacturing performance
- Facilitate TPM activity with maintenance engagement
- Establish and support 5-S plant activity
- Travel 15-20%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or High School Diploma with 5 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Lean manufacturing concepts and Implementation within a plant manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in People and/or Systems Leadership
- Exposure to Strategic Planning related to lean initiatives
- Serve as a mentor and provide direction and guidance to overall plant improvement initiatives
- Supervising employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall lean, maintenance and tool shop operations and performance
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5-S, SMED, Pull Systems and Visual Management
- Excellent organization, planning, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading kaizen activities.
- Possesses excellent teaching capability
- Excellent Written Communication Skills
- Strong statistical skills
- Strong Presentation skills along with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Working knowledge of machining, forming and assembly manufacturing
- Highly approachable with good interpersonal and leadership skills that encourage and motivate others.
- Demonstrated ability to work without close supervision and maintain high level of motivation.