Continuous Improvement Manager- Black Belt
The Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for leading and driving continuous improvement (CI) and the Company principles .They must also utilize CI principles in support of meeting financial, business and leadership developmental goals. This position has responsibility for guiding, training, executing, and measuring the Company strategy
· Establish prioritization of projects with Plant Management that will deliver best possible value including financial impacts and provide timely and accurate input to annual budgets and forecasts.
· Implement facility based KPIs, monitor KPI results, explain variances, resolve gaps in performance to ensure sustainability.
· Identify gaps in performance against Best in Class and lead improvement initiatives that close said gaps.
· For assigned facility and plans, identify required resources, track progress and report status to plan. Identify variances to plan, communicate and resolve variances. Identify gaps in resources, results and performance.
· Implement tools and methodologies. Sustain change and support continued use of implemented tools and methodologies.
· Develop facility expertise, identify gaps in capability and implement plans to close gaps
· Lead implementation of defined change programs. Identify, communicate and resolve change management gaps at assigned facilities.
· Ensure sustainability and improvements implemented.
· Ensure basic CI knowledge is available to all employees on sites. Act as change agent to instill culture throughout the organization.
· Works as a team leader to Manufacturing, Quality, and Process Engineers for WCM projects.
Will support multiple locations ,50% + Travel**
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering. Certifications in Lean, Black Belt or Master Black Belt
Minimum of 5-7 years industrialexperience. Formal WCM, Six Sigma, TPS or Lean related training required, with at least 3 years of experience of a successful implementation of the chosen methodology. Individual must also have the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from production and maintenance employees, and the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. In addition, to perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies: Coaching, mentoring & communication, Problem Solving, Project Management, Teamwork, Change Management, Innovation, & Drive.