The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for leading the facility’s continuous improvement effort through the engagement of all associates. They are responsible for championing, developing and sustaining a culture of continuous improvement throughout the facility. This individual must champion the utilization of core Lean principles and methodologies while coaching and mentoring plant leadership for sustainability. The CI Manager’s influence should positively influence performance in safety, quality, delivery, cost and overall plant morale.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and own the annual CI plan for the facility
- Develop and lead implementation of employee engagement teams to supportlean initiatives
- Responsible for the overall effectiveness of kaizen activity
- Developing and implementing improvements to eliminate operational wastes in the process while managing and evaluating multiple projects.
- Effectively utilize the 8-Step Problem Solving process to lead through problem solving exercises as it pertains to the elimination of waste.
- Drive and implement improvements in OEE with major focus on Changeover Reduction
- Develop Lean Manufacturing training materials, coordinating and providing Lean Manufacturing direction with the support functions such as Maintenance, Materials, Quality, HR and Engineering.
- Train associates on Improvement Tools and Methodologies
- Implementation and maintenance of visual workplace standards
- Implementation of tools to improve manufacturing performance
- Facilitate TPM activity with maintenance engagement
- Establish and support 5-S plant activity
- Travel 15-20%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, or High School Diploma with 5 years’ experience in Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing related field
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Lean manufacturing concepts and Implementation within a plant manufacturing environment
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in People and/or Systems Leadership
- Exposure to Strategic Planning related to lean initiatives
- Serve as a mentor and provide direction and guidance to overall plant improvement initiatives
- Supervising employees in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee the overall lean, maintenance and tool shop operations and performance.