Cobham is seeking a Continuous Improvement Manager. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Provide leadership in all aspects of quality assurance and continuous improvement to include but not limited to quality compliance requirements, quality control, and quality engineering problem solving through utilization of comprehensive root-cause analysis techniques.
- Support VP of Quality in the management of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement department.
- Work closely with all functional leaders and extended leadership team to support thereduction of each functions cost of quality loses.
- Analyze production and service limitations and standards, and recommend revisions ofspecifications when indicated.
- Formulate or help formulate Quality Assurance and continuous improvement policies, plans and procedures.
- Assist Marketing in quality related technical discussions with customers.
- Ensure proper analysis techniques are used in development of new and revised designs.
- Work with Program Managers to create and maintain project schedules directly related toquality requirements.
- Support the identification of new technologies to enhance products and reduce costs.
- Maintain department budget that is aligned with strategic business goals.
- Support life cycle phase reviews to achieve program timelines
- Oversee staffing, training, supervision and workload distribution of engineers and or technicians.
- Interpret and enforce policy, conduct performance evaluations, and manage employee relations while meeting engineering schedules, customer needs and quality standards in a timely fashion.
- Monitor performance and work with other members of the Quality and Continuous Improvement Department to create sustainable solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Ensure proper root-cause corrective actions are applied to identify issues.
- Support or lead employee training efforts when deficiencies are identified during root cause problem solving.
- Provide technical input on quality and contractual related issues to internal and external customers.
- Interface with quality regulating organizations.
- Assist with the implementation of quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain audit schedules and ensure audits are completed in a timely manner.
- Administer direct supervisory responsibilities for personnel including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and schedules.
- Oversee Quality and Continuous Improvement Representatives on Integrated Product Teams.
- Actively promote and enforce adherence to S|H|E rules and procedures.
- Identify and effect change to reduce risks of harm and minimize waste and resources used.
- Communicate to employees, visitors and customers that health and safety and a concern for theenvironment are values for Cobham.
- Promote and facilitate incident and near miss reporting.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree
- 10+ years of Quality Assurance and Continuous Improvement related experience in a design and manufacturing environment.
- 10+ years ISO 9000:2008/AS9100, DOD, and MIL-STD experience.
- 10+ years’ experience with Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing.
- 10+ years’ experience with standards and regulatory requirements, and withGovernment/Military contracts.
- This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Experience in DFSS and/or APQP processes.
- Aerospace industry experience.
- Military or commercial aviation or aircraft modification experience.
- Experience in inspection techniques/methods/equipment.
- Knowledge of, or ability to operate measuring and gauging equipment.
- FAA interface experience.
- DCMA interface experience.
- ISO 9000 training and experience.
- AS9100 training and experience.
- NADCAP experience.
- ASQ Certified Quality Manager.
- Statistical Process Control (SPC) knowledge and experience.
- Auditing experience
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to read and interpret technical, contractual and regulatory documents.
- Ability to make independent judgments regarding technical issues.
- Ability to handle multiple changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel as necessary.
- Strong team building and team work capabilities.
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust ouremployees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next fiveyears, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.