The Continuous Improvement Lead reports to the Continuous Improvement Leader- Supply Chain PMO. The CI leader is accountable for driving the systems, processes and talent capability required to meet CI goals. The SCM CI Leader provides broad leadership in Supply Chain and demonstrates OC’s values and a commitment to high performance.
This is an active participant in implementing the SCM Strategy and Execution of Continuous Improvement culture. The position champions the use of CI tools to drive productivity efforts to meet financial goals, quality efforts, and the needs of our customer. This individual is responsible for the ideation and execution of aligned initiatives within the SCM portfolio. The Continuous Improvement lead is the mentor and change agent towards a CI culture within all levels of the organization and also holds responsibility for improving the planning process.
Reports to: Continuous Improvement Leader- Supply Chain PMO
Span of Control: Individual Contributor
Develop Global Supply Chain Continuous Improvement Portfolio
- Evaluate Ideas and determine a prioritized executable portfolio
- Develop, Deploy, and continuously refresh the 1-3 year Continuous Improvement roadmap to maximize OC’s global supply chain capability
- Understand the business to develop continuous improvement opportunities
- Metrics Include:
- CI Scorecard
- Rolling Portfolio
- Resource Scorecard
Execution of Key Initiatives
- Implement a Continuous Improvement capability and culture in SCM that is used globally to drive business results
- Optimizes efficiency through standard work implementation on foundational key activities
- Lead and ensure that a high quality robust pipeline of initiatives and execution process (CI Stage Gate) is established and ongoing to meet productivity targets
- Metrics include:
- Productivity Targets/EBIT
- Working Capital
- Cycle Time Reduction
- Automation and Increasing Capacity
- Service Improvement
Lead Operations with Continuous Improvement
- Positions talent for maximum impact on result and growth/development
- Drives skill development, use of tools and methodologies, and culture change through the organization
- Contributes to the achievement of the annual operating plan
- Trains and champions utilization of CI tools, processes, systems, and culture through training, influence, and development of capability across Supply Chain
- Metrics Include:
- Availability of Standard Tools
- Utilization of CI Methodology
- Impact to Cycle Time
- Results andBudgetAdherence
- Manages the transition to ensure the adoption of the change, that the project benefits are achieved, and that project outcomes are sustainable
- Confirms business leadership support and engagement regarding change management requirements
- Drives for clearly articulated business benefits that are tracked for completion on a routine basis
- Supports efforts and opportunities for waste elimination and simplification
- Fully understands the business case and benefits to the organization to serve as a champion for the business for project outcome
- Adheres to accepted Project Management standards and processes and actively leads all reviews and stage gate deliverables
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, or similarly applicable
- Minimum five years of experience Supply Chain focused transformational business solutions
- 7-10 years of experience in process engineering and project management
- Lean/ Six Sigma Green Belt or comparable preferred
- Total Productive Maintenance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Initiates action- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to handle issues in a timely manner with follow-up to customers, suppliers and the plant as necessary.
- Project Leadership – Proven track record of influencing leaders and leading large scale programs involving global processes, teams and third party resources. Shapes solutions by helping partners articulate what is needed to delivery required outcomes.
- Communication - clearly conveys relevant information and ideas with confidence and in a manner that inspires the audience. Adjusts approach to capture audience attention and ensures there is an understanding of the message. Ability to structure executive communications. Seeks to understand others through active listening.
- Consultative Skills – Ability to collaborate effectively with business partners, propose solutions and achieve business benefits.
- Coaching and motivation – Ability to inspire the organization to delivery strategic objectives.
- Analytics and Decision Making – Skilled in trade off analysis, problem solving, recognizing issues, problems, or opportunities. Chooses appropriate action by formulating clear decision criteria and evaluates options by considering implications and consequences.
- Change Management- Demonstrated ability to influence others through effective communications and working relationships across diverse functional areas.
- Business acumen, ability to process large volumes of detailed data in order to make decisions which impact EBIT