Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE®. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
We are seeking to fill an open Continuous Improvement (CI) Leader position at our Logan, NJ plant.The CI Leader is a member of the corporate CI team and reports directly to the Corporate CI Manager and indirectly to the Regional Manufacturing Manager They lead the company CI initiatives at one or more manufacturing locations. The ideal candidate will have significant and relevant direct manufacturing experience using and leading continuous improvement tools, systems, and methodologies. Plastics experiencepreferred. The candidate must be a proven shop floor leader that has experience leading 5S, Kaizen events, Standard Work, Visual Management, TPM, Changeovers, problem solving, A3 and value stream maps and related process improvement methodologies.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Routinely align strategy and tactics with the Corporate CI Team and Regional Manager.
- Use data to identify gaps in performance versus best practices, and work with the Plant Team to execute an improvement plan.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools, processes and systems to better safety, quality, efficiency, cost and reduce waste overall.
- Ability to implement and manage systems that will sustain improvement efforts.
- Work with plant teams to drive changeover improvements.
- Assist with the improvement of our asset utilization and equipment management.
- Develop training materials and effectively deliver those materials in a team environment to ensure team members throughout the facilities are trained in CI concepts and philosophy.
- Understand and applyfinancial drivers and key performance indicators.
- Lead and coach CI events/Kaizen through hands-on participation.
- Develop and deliver CI education and training.
- Evaluate new product processes for appropriate CI and Lean tool application.
- Document best practices and share improvements to leverage results.
- Provide overall support, assistance, direction and communication to the plant leadership teams regarding CI initiatives.
- Report to the Corporate CI Team, Plant Leaders and Regional Manufacturing Manager status of CI initiatives.Qualifications:
- This position requires the following skills/knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Business, Engineering or Operations Management preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or Qualifications.
- 10+ years of proven change leadership skills and experience leading cultural change to a Lean environment.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude with proven determination and passion to manage projects, maintain KPI’s, and see problems through to resolution.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate to people at all levels of the organization, including diverse cultures.
- Ability to analyze data, draws conclusions, make recommendations, and present findings.
- Demonstrated ability to model the corporate values and principles, including instilling a high performance, people-driven culture.
- A high level of accuracy with strong attention to detail and quality of work is required.
- Prefer a background with asset management and total productive maintenance (TPM).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Travel up to 10%
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.