Jefferson City, MO
Industry: Manufacturing & Automotive•
8 - 10 years
Posted 63 days ago
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. This position will be in support of the Power Grids division, which is a global leader in pioneering technologies that help balance the growing need for electricity while reducing environmental impact as a partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The division serves utility, industry, transportation and infrastructure customers and is focused on addressing key areas such as the integration of renewable energies, growing network complexity, grid automation and microgrids.
Typical duties/responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• The CI Leader is a key organizational position who assists in driving the company's Operational Excellence & Lean initiatives
• Identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence strategy and tools.
• Coordinate and lead Kaizen events.
• Teach and coach continuous improvement thinking.
• Leads and facilitates site communication, education and training on CI.
• Serve as a change agent promoting the use of continuous improvement methodology across all departments
• Assist site teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
• Consolidate and quantifies site CI & Operational Excellence activities for reporting
• Continually challenge conventional thinking and drive accountability for results and deployment.
• Lead lean & continuous improvement implementation, develop and mentor a process improvement mindset and system
• Provide problem solving, training, and technical support to all departments and other support as needed
• Develop Kaizen road maps and support project leaders and teams through; value stream analysis, Kaizen facilitation, team selection and management, data collection and analysis, development and implementation of process improvements
Bachelor's degree and a minimum 8 years' of experience implementing principles of Lean in a manufacturing environment.
Alternatively, this position may be filled at a more senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum 12 years' of experience implementing principles of Lean in a manufacturing environment.
Preferred qualifications :
• Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing strategies and principles.
• Experience leading teams through influence.
• Developing strategy and translating into actionable plans & driving sustainable change and improvements.
• Six Sigma training/certification.
• Experience with implementation of productivity improvement, quality improvement projects and cost reduction processes.
• Experience of being a Change Agent challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving Improvements.
• Experience facilitating Kaizen events.
• Proficiency with software applications such as MS-office, project management and Visio.
• Able to mentor and facilitate Lean culture change in an environment with varying acceptance.
• Strong coaching skills with significant change impact.
• A fluent and highly articulate communicator with excellent interpersonal and influencing skills.
• Demonstrated financial achievement through the deployment and the implementation of Operational Excellence tools.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB