Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
What you’ll learn & achieve:
- Utilizes multiple tools and methodologies (e.g. Six Sigma, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen, Process Optimization, etc.) to analyze data and processes as a key driver of performance opportunities.
- Assists leadership in project prioritization, project selection, project reviews and benefits tracking including establishment of dashboard metrics, reporting and quality.
- Designs and assists in change management activities as part of the execution/implementation of process improvements.
- Provide leadership, training, coaching, and counseling for Continuous Improvement leaders.
- Drives adoption of best practices and technology developed by CI Teams across regional and functional area(s).
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams in the identification, research and implementation of process improvements.
What makes you a great fit:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, IT, Business, Communication, or similar required.
- 5-10 years of experience in project management and/or business leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma Tools & Methodologies and is actively connected to latest Continuous Improvement industry trends.
- PMP, Six Sigma Black Belt, or additional certifications preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Power Apps, Forms, Visio, and Power BI.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, mentor, influence, motivate and coach Lean Leader, & Champions.
- Experienced as a key contributor for change management initiatives to drive faster adoption and higher proficiency.
- Excellent planning, organization, analysis, and problem solving skills with a proven track record of delivering tangible results.
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks.
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.