The Consultant Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools to design Supply Chain Solutions in current and future operations.
- Engineer is responsible for analysis and utilization of continuous improvement tools and Lean methodologies to design supply chain solutions in current and future operations.
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis
- Maps and documents processes. Recommends and implements process improvement
- Establishes and implements performance measures
- Re-designs and/or re-engineers logistics processes
- Supports business development and creates efficient designs and solutions
- Develops efficient utilization of resources (labor force, drivers and equipment)
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design efficient transportation operations
- Confers with engineering & operations managers to implement efficient & competitive solutions
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Proficient in transportation modeling & network design tools such as: Appian Direct Route, JDA Transportation Modeler, Llamasoft (Coupa) Supply Chain Guru, TMOD, etc.
- Transportation experience necessary – position will focus on transportation management (common carrier, TL, LTL); however dedicated transportation knowledge a plus
- Ability to analyze transportation data for optimization opportunities, develop strategic network solutions, develop “what if” scenarios & identify improvement opportunities
- Require strong analytical and problem solving skills to perform data mining and come up with creative solutions with attention to details
- Continuous improvement mentality and ability to drive change within an established business
- Transportation modeling/solutions development experience
- Working knowledge of transportation metrics & data visualization (Power BI, Tableau, etc)
- Strong customer facing presence and ability to clearly articulate savings opportunities to customer
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Office skills
- Ability to support solution development during sales pursuit process
- Ability to collaborate with key functional areas including: operations, sales, finance, analytics
- Location: remote office, location open, eastern US preferred
- Travel requirements: 30%
- Applies company methodologies and tools to design transportation operations
- Confers with the Engineering and Operations Managers to implement efficient and competitive solutions
- Applies Lean Six Sigma (LSS) and Statistical Process Controls (SPC) tools
- Assists in the development and delivery of presentations to customers as part of the sales team effort
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required Engineering, Business, Supply Chain or a minimum of 8 years relevant work experience
- Master's degree preferred Industrial Engineering and/or Masters Degree
- Four (4) years or more related work experience required
- Total Work Systems (TQM)
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Production and Inventory Management (CPIM)
Travel requirements: 30%
DOT Regulated: No
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market data/ranges; applicant’s skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or certifications, etc. The salary for this position ranges from $90,000 to $110,000.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical, prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax-advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan.
Job Category: Engineering
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.