The Continuous Improvement Engineer is responsible for assessing the effectiveness of different business functions and offer recommendations for improvement and share projected outcomes of various lean processes including the use of Kaizen and Value Stream Mapping techniques. This position is also responsible for the implementation of these lean practices by guiding and motivating employees through training and example toward teamwork and long-term sustainable improvement goals.
Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare reports and statistics of strategic costs; cost-out initiatives; various planned process improvements; new product introductions and various others.
• Build the skills of all Functional leaders and associates through hands-on interactions and personal mentoring in lean management tools, cultural change leadership and strategy deployment.
• Developing a project plan for implementing improvements and monitoring the new process to ensure it works as intended.
• Diagram the flow (including inputs and outputs) of a manufacturing process then identifying opportunities for improvements.
• Create and track multiple parallel projects.
• Insure changes are fully integrated.
• Provide feedback and insight to associates on follow-up evaluations of various improvement processes that have been implemented.
• Adhere to and understand all safety regulations and protocols.
• Measures and reports progress on an on-going basis of improvement procedures in process and provide benefits and results upon completion.
• Ensures that the site organizational structure has been reviewed and that resources and safety are aligned for the lean transformation.
• Works closely with the CI Manager.
• Familiar with engineering drawings, specifications and their interpretations.