Our client is a rapidly growing company that is team oriented. They are looking to add a Continuous Improvement Engineer to their team in Lenox, IA. They offer a safe and clean working environment, on the job training, and opportunities for advancement. They treat their employees like family.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field required;
- Food or consumer packaged goods manufacturing experience;
- 5+ years of experience implementing and sustaining continuous improvement programs including Lean, Six Sigma, TPM, SPC, etc.;
- Skills in yield optimization and cost reduction, process cycle time, capability analysis, design of experiment, etc.;
- Black Belt certification is preferred;
- Strong analytical skills to interpret data to make decisions;
- Above average skills in Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Leading Continuous Improvement projects or activities with plant management;
- Using CI and Lean tools and analytical skills to identify and prioritize CI projects;
- Coordinating cross-functional project groups including Quality, Corporate Engineering, Supply Chain, and R&D to develop and implement process improvements;
- Developing and providing CI/Lean training on site;
- Identifying and securing resources;
- Organizing relevant data and preparing project scopes, cost estimates, assisting in the preparation of capital project requests;
- This position reports to the Director of CI.