The Continuous Improvement Engineer assists our manufacturing leaders in strategy development, process deployment, operations improvement, and change management initiatives. The Continuous Improvement Engineer supports the development and analysis of long-term plans that are aligned with the external market and internal strategies. The Continuous Improvement Engineer positively impacts our operations by identifying best practices and addressing gaps.
- Ensures the effective use of manufacturing systems to support Continuous Improvement.
- Identifies and determines appropriate procedures for fostering improvements.
- Provides guidance within project teams tasked with identifying and implementing initiatives to reduce total delivered costs and improve returns on invested capital.
- Implements and promotes TPM principles within Dawn Manufacturing operations.
- Complies with basic manufacturing requirements.
- Ensures compliance with standards for performance and capacity measurements as defined by company standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement of factory performance in the function areas of safety, quality, service, environment, and cost.
- Promotes the exchange of information and best practices through the use of the BiC Repository, internal and external benchmarking.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Demonstrates the “Dawn Values” of Team Dawn and supports the Circle of Excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or related) or equivalent experiences.
- 5-7 years relevant work experiences, preferably within the food and/or consumer packaged goods industries.
- Demonstrated competence within industrial engineering and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Familiarity with TPM and/or related lean manufacturing principles.
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing and logistics systems.
- Ability to understand the components of total delivered costs and business financialreporting systems.
- Ability to work effectively within a team setting.