Our client is an international leader in manufacturing gears and drives for many large known OEM�s on a global scale. We are seeking a Director of Continuous Improvement for their headquarters in Indiana. The Director of Continuous Improvement will be responsible for improving and implementing programs to help the organization improve efficiency and reduce costs. This is a single site leadership role with the opportunity to work with a company with opportunities to add additional facilities as the company plans to double in size in the next few years. The Director of Continuous Improvement is a part of the company�s executive leadership team.
Director of Continuous Improvement Responsibilities
- Lead cross functional teams to implement change and drive continuous improvement.
- Create a CI Roadmap to introduce the training and strategy required for a CI program across the Americas operation.
- Conduct time studies.
- Be a part of the leadership team and participate in long-range plant expansion and corporate strategy.
- Partner with executive leadership and functional leaders in Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, Engineering, and Safety to train, introduce and/or improve CI programs & processes.
- Conduct root cause analysis to troubleshoot operational issues and to improve metrics.
- Manage a team of five.
Director of Continuous Improvement Requirements
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or a related field is required. An advanced degree in those areas is preferred but not required.
- Lean Manufacturing Expert, Six Sigma Black Belt, 5S, or other related training and certifications are preferred.
- Past experience implementing tools or techniques including 5S, SMED, Poke Yoke, Process Capability Studies, SPC, DMAIC, PDCA, Value Stream Mapping, FMEA, Kaizen, Process Mapping, etc.
- Previous success in transforming a manufacturing facility with their Continuous Improvement program.
Job ID: 232738