This position is responsible for development, maintenance and improvement of the Shire Operational Excellence (CI) Program. Scope includes: development and management of Operational Excellence/CI program materials, training content/co-ordination/delivery, measuring and monitoring progress via metrics, project management, customer-facing coaching & facilitation. The CI Program Manager will engage with all Business stakeholders and analyze business trends to ensure continuous improvement of the overall program. This position may also lead complex projects aligned with the Supply Value Proposition.
- Develop, deploy, and improve an Operational Excellence/CI program, including appropriate knowledge management systems, designed to enable the Supply Value Proposition.
- Monitor performance of operational excellence program (including global certification standards) through metric gathering, dashboard generation and propose appropriate improvements to the program.
- Coach colleagues and facilitate learning on all aspects of the Operational Excellence program
- Support strategy development and deployment for Technical Operations.
- Facilitate and / or support Global OE Communications to the business.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- BS in Science or Engineering discipline required, 5-8years of experience. Advanced degreepreferred. Thorough knowledge of Operational Excellence (Lean / Six Sigma) required (Black Belt level training and certification).
- Minimum 3 – 5years of experience in a CI program/project management role in business, operations, and/or R&D, and/or strategy management. Experience in global biotech / pharmaceutical manufacturing is preferred.
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Living our leadership behaviors is a basic expectation for all Shire employees. Shire expects all employees to embody the following:
- Be Positive
- Be Accountable
- Be Results Oriented
- Be An Excellent Manager of Self and Others
- Excellent organizational, coaching, and facilitation skills essential
- Multiple Language skills desirable but not essential
- Adapt to work priorities in response to complex or rapidly changing environment.
- Operate in a multicultural environment.
- Deliver results to project timelines with limited resources.
- Develop and execute strategies with minimum guidance.
- Influence people at all levels in the business
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility and ability to assimilate new knowledge and standards quickly
Complexity and Problem Solving:
The incumbent will be involved in complex problem resolution and program development and will work with minimal direction. Appropriate structured problem solving techniques will be used to resolve business problems with focus on compliance and business risk in all solutions. Program development to be properly project-managed in accordance with agreed timelines.
Internal & External Contacts:
- The incumbent will coordinate with the Head, CI Program, Global Operational Excellence Team, Business Excellence & Operational Excellence Leads, CI Program Team, CI Champions Network, Site and Functional Leadership Teams, Project Sponsors, Process Owners/Project Leads, Project Managers.
- The incumbent may be in contact with Shire customers, CMOs, vendors and consultants and external Benchmarking bodies.
- Some travel (domestic and international) required.
Req ID: R0019128