We are looking for a Continuous Improvement Champion to join Lutron. You will be working in our World Headquarters, located in Coopersburg, PA. We pay for relocation.
This role will be responsible for leading process improvement activities across all of Lutron's G&A functions. The objective is to redefine existing work, challenge accepted norms, and improve output by strategically taking work out of the system. This role will require a deep understanding of process improvement methods, including Lean and Six Sigma.
In this role, you will foster ongoing collaboration with senior leadership and G&A function leaders. You will drive the analyzation of business processes and value streams to establish improvement plans and balanced scorecards. You will be expected to effectively allocate improvement efforts to high impact priorities. You will be encouraged to challenge conventional wisdom through fact-based analysis and the application of structured improvement methodologies. This role will be expected to achieve measurable results against process efficiency, reduced cost, and other targets while increasing visibility and affecting positive behavioral changes toward process performance initiatives within the G&A functions.
Project Identification / Prioritization
- Assist leadership team with establishing improvement goals, prioritizing improvement projects, and the associated allocation of improvement resources
- Develop and maintain improvement plans that span the G&A value stream inclusive of Accounting, Audit, Compliance, Legal, Tax, Trade, etc.
- Prepare and present improvement proposals to leadership with recommendations, including cost benefit analysis, risk mitigation, and action plans
- Assist with development and deployment of Process Scorecards (KPIs)
- Ensure that process improvement objectives align with broader G&A strategies
- Lead process improvement initiatives through the disciplined use of measurement, accountability, analysis, and discussion of alternatives to develop effective solutions
- Ensure appropriate identification of root causes through effective use of data analysis tools and techniques
- Define quantifiable metrics to prove project success as measured by ROI, efficiency improvement objectives, performance statistics, and/or project cycle time improvements
- Meet project timelines and maintain forward visibility on project pipeline
- Deliver results that achieve or surpass project targets
- Share best practices globally
Improvement Leadership/Change Management
- Develop sustainable improvement capabilities at Lutron through coaching and education
- Drive adoption of tools and methods by reinforcing their value proposition
- Mentor process owners, project champions, and project team members to foster a continuous improvement culture
- Mentor and Coach local team members in project execution, helping them understand, as necessary, the methods associated with Lean/Six Sigma for successful and timely completion of projects
Supporting Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner withother Lutron Continuous Improvement leads to drive visibility on improvement initiatives and align on the direction of CI, CI methods, project coaching, and replication opportunities
- Develop effective communications to convey the positive impact of improvement initiatives in terms of financial and performance related metrics
- Manage execution against critical program milestones, inter-dependencies, risk components, progress communication, coordination, and collaboration across teams and commitments
- Assist with change management activities required to implement new processes and systems
- Bachelor's degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited institution. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of work experience in a Continuous Improvement role preferred
- Experience with the following tools / processes
- Lean/Six Sigma - Certified Black Belt or Master Black Belt strongly preferred
- Kaizen - Certified Level 3 preferred
- Change Management
- Project management experience should include overseeing a project team, identifying resources, developing budgets, scheduling, and planning
- Proven success leading improvement projects and developing improvement resources
- Strong influencing, coaching, communication and facilitative skills
- Able to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
- Able to diagnose and affect cultural change in moderate to difficult circumstances
- Able to instruct foundation to advanced Change Improvement (CI) methods associated with LeanSix Sigma curricula
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in double digit growth annually. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better
products and services