1. Live the Safety stand, adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Effectively communicate Owens Corning’s stand on safety throughout the region and behave in a manner that supports our stand that all accidents are preventable, safety is everyone’s responsibility, and that working safely is a condition of employment to work at Owens Corning
2. Achieve Customer Satisfaction and Quality Targets.
- Serve as a quality advocate to operations - implement objectives, targets, training, and standards.
- Complete all 8D’s on time with proper root cause investigation.
- Maintain certifications and implement improvements to the Quality Management System
- Implement and standardize process controls (SPC, FMEA, Control and Reaction Procedures).
- Actively participate in the quality network and be a conduit for best practice sharing in the plant with respect to product quality and service.
- Implement communication process for quality to all plant employees to keep them motivated and engaged in ensuring quality every day.
- Ensure that all plant quality testing equipment is calibrated and testing procedures meet the gage R&R requirements.
- Facilitate quality risk analysis
- Assist with first article inspections
- Work with each plan on implementation and training of SPC
- Work with each plant identifying and prioritizing CTQ’s
3. Support Plants Continuous Improvement Plan.
- Champion the Identification and execution of lean and six sigma projects and selection of candidates for Blackbelt/Greenbelt certification.
- Ensure plant has robust CI plans for departments and work with regional/global team to improve where required.
- Train plant leadership team on CI tools, process, systems and culture.
- Participate in plants NLT meetings and discussions to ensure CI/Lean thinking is applied to business level decisions.
- Participate in and lead boot camps events throughout the region and support other regions boot camps.
- Support the implementation of standard work initiatives..
- Ensure the plant has current and future state maps and/or VSM to drive transformation and an enterprise view of waste elimination.
- Serves as an in-house consultant and practitioner of the full range of Six Sigma and Lean tools and methods (process improvement, design for six sigma and process management). Provides technical (quality tools) and statistical expertise to the business.
- Delivers Sigma training to Green Belts; mentors and coaches Black Belt trainees/candidates
- Provides meaningful six sigma project reviews
- Assists in the resolution of business issues by using proper problem solving techniques and statistical tools (i.e., meeting facilitation)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineeringpreferred
- Six SigmaBlack Belt and Lean Certification preferred
- Five or more years experience in manufacturing, industrial or related field
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience utilizing computer programs, Microsoft Office Products and Minitab.
- Proficient in use and interpretation of statistical tools.
- Ability to prioritize and adapt to a rapid changing environment while balancing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to travel, as required (60-75%)
- Ability to coach and guide for results
- Ability to build strong team alignment and communication.
- Possess strong change management skills
- Applied knowledge of Quality Management Systems