The Senior Technology Manager provides thought leadership to deliver creative and efficient technical solution. Leads the development of strategic plans for products and/or initiatives. This role is responsible for leading their resources to develop high level delivery plans based on a set of objectives (scope, delivery and technical approaches, risk, assumptions, staffing plans, other cost, and ongoing operational plans and cost). The Senior Technology Manager oversees client, customer and vendor relations to ensure that service expectations are met or exceeded.
- Partner with corporate functional leaders and execute a technology strategy that will enhance overall business capabilities.
- Stay abreast of technology industry trends and best practices.
- Continuously transform the organization to increase efficiencies and reduce overall expense.
- Partner with innovation team to test and learn emerging technology and its viable applicability to enhance corporate business capabilities.
Delivery Planning and Execution
- Create, prioritize, plan and execute portfolio/product roadmaps through collaboration with Product Management and DevOps, including the on-going resequencing of projects in the portfolio roadmap as priorities shift.
- Complete 90% of projects within 5-10% of approved funding and 1 month of baselined completion date.
- Reduce time to market by utilizing Agile methodologies.
- Provides insights on risks based on broad experience. Develops project risk profile, mitigation plan and contingency plan.
Technology/Operational/ Risk Control
- Lead integration and synergy between architecture/technology planning and development initiatives, providing direction and decisions in application development to support platforms.
- Cultivate good system management disciplines including clearly defined and documented roles and responsibilities, documented phase processes and checkpoint and detailed planning for system deployment.
- Ensures compliance and control activities support technology and enterprise business objectives and are aligned with executive risk tolerances and expectations.
- Ensures processes and controls within assigned area to enhance performance, security, reliability and availability of systems.
- Drive a continuous improvement and compliant culture through documented policies, procedures and architecture.
- Leads large size technical project teams or programs that span the enterprise.
- Manage the financials of the assigned area with attention to the details of budgets while exhibiting a strict cost discipline and financial performance.
- Manage and develop team cultivating a spirit of one team with shared goals and objectives.
- Select, motivate and retain high performing talent.
- Work with senior leaders to evolve culture and organizational behavior, elevating technology into a strategic partner.
- Act as the principal technology advisor to corporate organizations and a champion for identifying, leading and driving information technology transformation.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School diploma or GED and 14 years of experience
- 10 years of experience leading large, complex/critical technology projects
- 8 years of experience influencing strategy for large organizations
- 6 years of experience managing others
- 6 years of experience managing software and systems engineering efforts using Agile and DevOps methods, processes and practices
- 4 years of experience with orchestrating automated releases between multiple applications
- 2 years of experience with cloud-native continuous delivery
- 2 years of experience with deployments strategies such as canary, blue/green, etc.
- 2 years of Release Management experience within the financial services industry