Description Position Summary:
Leads Continuous Improvement (CI) activities of diverse scope and complexity to improve the efficiency of systems and processes in the division and/or with suppliers and customers. Stimulates management thinking about CI and new initiatives; seeks out and pilots new tools; and demonstrates the successful application of new methodologies. Educates team members, suppliers, and customers about CI philosophies and methods.
1. Develops, selects, and/or customizes CI methods to effectively implement lean manufacturing for varied production and business processes. Evaluates alternatives and recommends changes to refine and enhance CI training and techniques
2. Introduces and facilitates diverse CI projects with moderate-to-high scope and impact. Leads and guides CI or ad hoc teams in identifying waste and facilitates process evaluations to reduce production lead times, streamline defect analysis, improve material flow, and standardize operator work sequences.
3. Communicates and educates team members, suppliers, and customers about Parker’s adopted lean manufacturing philosophies and provides expert guidance to them in applying those principles to their CI efforts. Recommends priorities and actions by analyzing and interpreting data and evaluating potential costs and improvement impact.
4. Identifies opportunities to successfully improve division or supplier performance through benchmarking activities. Researches, evaluates, and provides recommendations to management for applying new methods.
5. Participates in CI goal setting and measurement for the division and/or suppliers by making recommendations based on a thorough knowledge of CI philosophies and processes, and division (or supplier) products and work flow.
6. Utilizes and interprets various production, throughput, and/or quality data analysis and statistical reports and selects or develops appropriate measures to estimate and evaluate the impact of CI initiatives.
7. Verifies supplier’s progress with lean initiatives, sustained cost/price reduction, and sustained quality and delivery ratings. Implements appropriate measures and systems to evaluate the progress of supplier initiatives and improvements.
8. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reading professional publications, networking, and participating in professional associations.
9. Complies with federal, state, and local regulatory requirements (e.g. FAA, environmental, safety, etc.). Advises management on needed actions.
10. Shares specialized knowledge with others. May train or mentor newer employees. Represents company on specific projects. Prepares and conducts technical presentations on selected topics. Work assignments include cross-functional or project team responsibilities.
Bachelors degree (BS) in Engineering, Manufacturing, or an equivalent combination of education and experience which has provided both theoretical and practical knowledge in the field. Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of increasingly responsible experience that included utilizing continuous improvement principles (e.g. lean manufacturing), total quality and problem solving tools.
Requisition Number 17-0395