We are seeking candidates for the Continuous Improvement Engineer position. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting and assisting the Continuous Improvement Manager in the organization, planning, implementation and follow-through of continuous improvement initiatives established within the Company?s operating model. The Continuous Improvement Engineer coordinates and leads a wide range of activities that are designed to improve on-time delivery, productivity, quality, cost, safety and environmental performance.
- Facilitates successful kaizen, problem solving and rapid improvement process events with both internal and external consultants, customers and suppliers, with a major emphasis on locally focused improvement. Provides the support for all follow-throughs required to sustain the improvements established during the events.
- Coordinates, plans, and executes 5S and TPM kick-offs/workshops. Works with the team to create/modify cleaning standards, TPM checklists, etc. and helps audit to ensure sustainability.
- Coordinates, assists, and delivers team-based ABS training to support enhanced organizational performance through imparting a thorough knowledge of team and ABS concepts, principles, and practices.
- Assists team leaders in team skill and knowledge development to support meeting management goals, project management, improvements, results measurements, problem solving, and related team skills.
- Provides assistance and support focusing on the perfection of ABS techniques. Identifies opportunities for improvements.
- Assists in the collection of data for tracking improvements.
- Coordinates with resource departments to fabricate, install and implement improvements.
Basic Qualifications :
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 6months of experience in a process improvement or leanengineering role
- Minimum of 6months of experience in project management.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution.
- Arconic ABS Level 1 certification (internal candidates).
- Minimum of 1year of experience with Kaizen events, Daily Management processes, TPM/AM, and Problem Solving.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Base Salary - $80,000 to $98,000
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - No
1+ to 2 years experience
Seniority Level - Associate
Management ExperienceRequired - No
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally