Shire is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialized conditions. We have best-in-class products available in more than 100 countries across core therapeutic areas including Hematology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Lysosomal Storage Disorders, Gastrointestinal / Internal Medicine / Endocrine and Hereditary Angioedema; a growing franchise in Oncology; and an emerging, innovative pipeline in Ophthalmics.
Our employees come to work every day with a shared mission: to develop and deliver breakthrough therapies for the hundreds of millions of people in the world affected by rare diseases and other high-need conditions, and who lack effective therapies to live their lives to the fullest.
The lead will be responsible for execution of the business strategic planning that includes all improvement projects and continuous improvement initiatives related to the assigned VSM department. The lead will identify and resolve issues in order to allow the assigned VSM department to achieve the strategic objectives related to Safety, Quality/Compliance, Supply Assurance (i.e. capacity, yield, fulfillment), and Value.
The lead will own the detailed planning and execution of all projects and continuous improvement initiatives related to the department and will also be accountable for their success assuring compliance with safety, quality, cost and delivery. The incumbent will recommend projects and initiatives that are in strategic alignment with site goals, manage risks & changes, and deliver projects/initiatives successfully.
· Support the development and continuous update of the value stream map
· Support development and regular update of the site capacity evaluations to identify projects and initiatives that support site ramp up and sustainability.
· Serve as primary representative for continuous improvement for the assigned department
· Engage with applicable department on a routine basis to stay informed of issues faced and subsequently resolve them.
· Utilize continuous improvement tools, lean and six sigma methodology to identify improvement opportunities, perform technical troubleshooting and successfully implement solutions
· Serve as continuous improvement mentor for the floor staff and propagate the methodologies in the work culture.
· Support the implementation of site strategy and business unit strategy by identifying appropriate initiatives for applicable department. In some instances support corporate initiatives and projects.
· Identify the appropriate business drivers for each initiative, draft proposals and seek appropriate governance approvals.
· Lead approved projects and continuous improvement initiatives that are in alignment with the site strategies.
· Perform detailed project planning including but not limited to schedule and resources and successfully execute cross functional projects
· Prepare timely project reports and communicate effectively with all stakeholders including reporting any potential project delays timely and provide mitigation plans to assure on-time execution.
· Proven experience as a project leader in a manufacturing site
· Ability to understand high level site strategies and implement those by leading appropriate initiatives at the department and floor level.
· Demonstrated cross-functional leadership and ability to work in a matrix organization
· High sense of customer service
· Knowledge and implementation of Lean and Six Sigma tools and strategies
· Basic financial knowledge (e.g. small capital projects development and justification)
· BS in Science or Engineering
· 6 to 8 years’ experience working in a regulated industry
· > 3years’ experience in a technical role in a biotech/ pharma company.
Req ID: R0019353